KINDERGARTENS felt dizzy and light-headed after drinking margaritas brought by a classmate.
A student at Grand River Academy in Livonia, Michiganserved ready-to-drink Jose Cuervo margaritas to her classmates during snack time.
Mums Alexis Smith and Dominique Zanders were outraged to learn their daughters had taken multiple sips of the drink. Fox2 reports.
Zanders said her daughter felt light-headed and dizzy.
The girls were given what they thought was juice during snack time. Rather, it was the ready-made tequila cocktail.
The other student took the ready-mixed single-serving drink to school in her backpack.
Smith says that when she spoke to her daughter, the child told her that the other student knew it was alcohol when she served it to the other students.
When Zanders’ daughter found out it was alcohol, she told the teacher, “There’s alcohol in that cup.”
Upon becoming aware of the situation, the school called the parents to let them know that all the children were doing physically well and said they would take disciplinary action on the students if necessary.
The school also called poison control for guidance on next steps.
But the parents still wonder how this could have happened in the first place.
“While we try to keep track of everything our students bring to school, that is simply not possible,” the school said in a statement.
“It’s unfortunate that these types of adult beverages can easily be confused with kid-friendly beverages.”
Both Zanders and Smith say the kindergarten child’s parents should be punished.
“If your child knows what it is, there’s nothing wrong with it — but they should know not to touch it,” Smith said. “That it’s not for children.”
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
https://www.the-sun.com/news/5137347/kindergarteners-drink-margaritas-school-child-brings-booze-shares/ Kindergarteners drink margaritas at school after the child brought a can of liquor from home and shared it with friends