KIM Kardashian was “embarrassed” by a claim that she and her family weren’t invited to this year’s MET Gala, The US Sun can reveal.
Earlier this month, it was reported that the Kar-Jenners could be banned from this year’s glitzy fashion event due to Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour’s “crackdown on the guest list.”
A source told Page Six that Kim, 42, will be attending her siblings or mother Kris Jenner for the May 1 gala.
Vogue declined to comment on the guest list at the publication’s request, while another source told the outlet the stars could still perform.
An insider close to the situation exclusively told The US Sun on Monday: “Anna wanted to do a guest list screening this year and make it more of an exclusive event.
“And while many names were discussed, the participants were always an ongoing conversation and nothing was ever set in stone.
“While invitations have now officially been sent out and Kim has been confirmed on the guest list, the news leak has fueled tensions behind the scenes, which was a huge misunderstanding.”
The source said Kim was “very unhappy” and relations between her and the Conde Nast team were strained as staff tried to smooth things over.
“It was embarrassing for everyone involved but Kim is still excited and has already worked with a top fashion house to create a custom look for the night,” they added.
It’s not yet known if any of the other Kardashian-Jenners will be in attendance, but the source added that it’s “likely,” though it may not be the whole family this year.
Most Read in Entertainment
The US Sun has reached out to Kim’s rep and Conde Nast for comment but has received no response.
This year’s A-list event is themed “Karl Lagerfeld: A Line of Beauty”.
The entire Kardashian-Jenner clan made their Met Gala debut with Kourtney and Khloe last year.
Khloe, 38, has not previously received an invitation because Anna Wintour allegedly called her “too C-list” for the prestigious event.
Sources revealed that the Good American founder wasn’t invited to the soiree as she couldn’t keep up with the plethora of model, film and music stars.
But she later insisted on the family’s Hulu show, which she wasn’t interested in before, saying, “I’m not big on red carpets. I think I made that very clear.”
When Khloe finally accepted an invitation, she rocked a beaded gold Moschino dress, which fans slammed as “boring” because of the Gilded Glamor theme.
Kim’s look was one of the most talked about in the last year, as she donned Marilyn Monroe’s historic $5 million gown, which she wore while singing “Happy Birthday” to President John F. Kennedy in 1962.
Kim went all out for the evening, bleaching her dark tresses blonde and “losing 16 pounds” in three weeks to fit into the slinky number.
The star was later slammed by fans of the late star who felt she shouldn’t have worn the dress after borrowing it from Ripley’s Believe It Or Not, also ending rumors that she had damaged it after a photo appeared online.
She was led up the famous steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art by her then-boyfriend Pete Davidson, 29.
Kim, who is now single, previously made an impression at the A-list event when she first attended in 2013 as a plus-one for her now ex-husband Kanye West, 45.
She tweeted in 2019 about her first participation almost 10 years ago, admitting, “I didn’t know anyone [and] I’m sure nobody wanted me there.”
Kim added that after the glittering event, “I went home [and] cried after the uncertainty.”
The SKIMS founder has been a fixture on the carpet ever since, sporting creations from the likes of Givenchy, Versace, Lanvin, Roberto Cavalli, Balmain and Balenciaga.
https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7678432/kim-kardashian-embarrassed-met-gala-ban-2023/ Kim Kardashian was ’embarrassed’ by claims she was ‘barred from the Met Gala’ this year – but now the star will be attending an A-list event