JOSH TAYLOR returns to the ring for the first time in 16 months as he takes on Teofimo Lopez NEXT WEEK.
The Scot has not played since his controversial split decision win over Jack Catterall in Glasgow last year.
Taylor became the undisputed junior welterweight champion of the world in 2021 after defeating Jose Ramirez in Las Vegas in a brilliant performance.
Since then, Taylor has relinquished the WBC, WBC, and IBF belts, ceding the WBO belt to Lopez.
Lopez famously beat Vasiliy Lomachenko to become the 2020 unified lightweight champion.
He then lost his titles to George Kambosos Jr but bounced back with victories over Pedro Campa and Sandor Martin, the latter of whom could have made the decision himself.
When is Taylor vs Lopez?
- Taylor’s big duel with Lopez takes place on Saturday, June 10th.
- The fight takes place at the Hulu Theater in Madison Square Garden in New York.
- Ringwalks for the Main Event can be expected around 11pm ET/8pm PST.
What channel is it on and can it be streamed live?
- Taylor vs. Lopez will be shown on ESPN Plus in the US.
- You can stream the action live via the ESPN Plus app, which is available to download to your mobile or tablet device.
- Sky Sports will broadcast Taylor vs Lopez in the UK.
Taylor vs. Lopez full card
- Josh Taylor vs. Teofimo Lopez
- Xander Zayas vs. Ronald Cruz
- Jamaine Ortiz vs TBA
- Robson Conceicao vs Nicolas Polanco
- Henry Lebron versus Carlos Ramos
- Omar Rosario vs Jan Carlos Rivera
- Bruce Carrington vs. Luis Porozo
- Damian Knyba vs. Helaman Olguin
what was said
“I came to say hello to him and he was hiding.” Taylor said Sky Sports.
“I flew halfway across the world to say hello to him and really pull him up. See what you say, what time is it? But he’s not here. He didn’t show up. He has no butt.”
“So you can see he’s a little bit fragile and a little bit mentally weak. So I can definitely use that to my advantage.”
“He’s a very good fighter. Stylistically, I think it’s a very good fight for me too, with the way he’s fighting.”
“He comes looking for you and doesn’t take a step back. He is a very aggressive, powerful fighter.”