YOUTUBE star Jake Paul returns to the ring to take on MMA legend Anderson Silva TONIGHT.
The problem child was due to face rivals Tommy Fury in August but plans fell through after a problem with the Brit’s US visa.
JOIN SUN VEGAS AT: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100 GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (T&Cs apply)
A fight with Hasim Rahman Jr. was also scheduled, but that too fell through due to a problem gaining weight on the heavyweight contender’s side.
Now 47-year-old Silva will compete, a huge step up for Paul, who defeated Tyron Woodley last December.
Silva has been in the boxing ring before, beating former world champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. last year before knocking out UFC veteran Tito Ortiz a few months later.
And now the Brazilian is getting one of the biggest paydays of his career when he takes on Paul, who is yet to lose in the square.
When does Jake Paul play Anderson Silva?
- Paul’s big clash with Silva takes place on TONIGHT, Saturday October 29th.
- The fight will be held at the Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona, USA.
- The ring walks begin around 4am UK time on Sunday 30th October.
How to live stream Jake Paul vs Anderson Silva?
- Paul vs Silva will be available on Fite TV PPV in the UK.
- The event costs £17.99 to purchase.
- You can stream the action live via the Fite TV app, which you can download to your phone or tablet.
- In the US, Paul vs Silva will be featured on Showtime PPV.
What happened at the weigh-in?
The day before the toughest test of his boxing career, Paul weighed in at 186.5 pounds, below the catch weight agreed with Silva.
He said: “Let’s go. Biggest fight of the year Paul-Silva Showtime get it now.”
The American’s five previous wins have all been around the 190lb mark and he was looking to return at 185lbs.
But UFC legend Silva negotiated a compromise of 187 pounds, with the Brazilian also coming under the limit at 186.1 pounds.
Undercard between Jake Paul and Anderson Silva
Former UFC star Uriah Hall takes on ex-NFL ace Le’Veon Bell as chief support on the undercard.
Bell comes into the fight after a huge KO win over Adrian Peterson in an exhibition in September and will now make his professional boxing debut.
- Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva (Catchweight)
- Uriah Hall vs. Le’Veon Bell (cruiserweight)
- Ashton Sylve vs. Braulio Rodriguez (Super Featherweight)
- Chris Avila vs. Mikhail Varshavski (cruiserweight)
- Danny Barrios vs. Edgar Ortiz Jr. (Super Bantamweight)
- Adrian Rodriguez vs. Dominique Griffin (super bantamweight)
- Antonio Nieves vs. Alexandro Santiago (Bantamweight)
what was said
“Anderson Silva is the nicest guy in the world and we love him.” Paul said at the press conference.
“If my opponent is stupid, I will treat him like one D***head and beat his ass and I think people saw that side of me.
“But I respect this man. I will still KO him, but respectfully KO.”
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP OFFERS – THE BEST OFFERS FOR NEW CUSTOMERS
Silva said, “Listen, anything is possible. Jake and [his] Brother trains hard [to become] Boxer. [They] try to [show] respect for the community. The children have good potential and people have to respect that.”
“I don’t feel any pressure anymore because everything I do in this sport and MMA I do with my heart.
“I think now is the next step for me. I’m trying to enjoy my life and if people think that’s too much pressure because I have to prove that I represent the MMA community – no, I represent myself and I represent my fans.”
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/6206340/jake-paul-vs-anderson-silva-date-uk-start-time-live-stream-tv-channel-showtime/ Jake Paul vs Anderson Silva: Date, UK Start Time, Live Stream, PPV Price, Undercard to TONIGHT’S HUGE boxing match