TUPAC Shakur was shot dead in 1996 but the conspiracy theory that the rapper is somehow still alive still circulates to this day.
More than two decades after his death, we examine those theories that never went away.
Who is Tupac?
Lesane Parish Crooks was born on June 16, 1971, the son of Afeni Shakur, a former Black Panther activist.
He is more known by fans as Tupac or 2Pac.
Coming from Harlem, New York CityThe rap star’s All Eyez On Me and Greatest Hits are among the best-selling albums in the US.
The artist, who has sold over 75 million records, consistently tops the polls as one of the greatest artists of all time.
He became embroiled in an East Coast-West Coast hip-hop feud, involving New York’s Bad Boy Records and Los Angeles-based Death Row Records.
How did Tupac die?
On the night of September 7, 1996, Tupac was gunned down in a Las Vegas shooting while he was preparing to perform at Club 662.
Death Row Records boss Suge Knight was driving the car and 2Pac was the front passenger as they led a convoy.
A gunman in a white Cadillac, rushing to the right of the passenger on the right of Tupac’s BMW at a traffic light, opened fire at 11:15 p.m. local time.
The star was hit four times – in the chest, arm and thigh – and died six days later.
Hours earlier Tupac and his entourage had watched boxer Mike Tyson fight Bruce Seldon at the MGM Grand Casino.
In the hallway afterward, Tupac and his crew – some with ties to the LA gang The Bloods – attack Orlando “Baby Lane” Anderson after Pac throws the first punch.
Tupac died of his injuries on Friday, September 13.
Who killed Tupac?
Tupac’s killer is revealed to be gang member Orlando “Baby Lane” Anderson in a new Netflix documentary.
In a confession, the killer’s uncle Duane Keith Davis – known as Keefe D – said he was in the car that carried out the 1996 shooting.
In the unsolved documents, The Murders of Tupac and Biggie, he explained his nephew went in search of revenge after he was beaten by the famous rapper and his entourage.
Describing the murder, he said: “I gave it to Dre and Dre was like ‘no, no, no’ and Lane was like – throw the guys.”
What are Tupac’s surviving conspiracy theories?
According to rumours, it’s him – but is it just a big hoax?
The Sun revealed that Tupac’s Nike trainers were able to prove he was still alive after the stylish star was seen twice wearing unreleased shoes until he was shot down.
- There have been some conspiracy theories that he faked his own death and then hid in Cuba with his aunt.
- A variation on this is that he faked his own autopsy photos and reports.
- A person written in a sensational book claims Tupac’s murder was “staged” by the CIA in response to the typist politicizing street gangs.
- Rumors arose from a man claiming to have discovered Tupac in Somalia with his famous friend and founder of hip-hop group Outlawz, Yaki Kadafi, who died two months after Tupac.
- According to one theory, he is believed to be hiding in South Africa.
- The Sun has covered everything it is said to have seen the late rapper since his death in 1996.
- However, it is thought that the appearance at a rally on Wall Street, New York, in 2011 may be the most likely evidence that Tupac is still alive.
- Another myth that the police held Tupac after he was shot helped the rapper escape.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4637371/who-killed-tupac-shakur-biggie-conspiracy-theories/ Is Tupac Shakur DEAD? Conspiracy theory surrounding rapper’s death