A mother has revealed the horrific bug-infested shelter she’s living in with her children after their landlord kicked them out.
Sarah and her partner Mohammed have three young children and sleep on the floor of a cramped, bug-infested hotel room.
They were moved to the hotel by Birmingham City Council last week.
The family of five now has to hang towels on the windows as makeshift curtains, wash dirty dishes in the bathtub and make do with pillows for mattresses in their toddler’s travel cot.
A bunk bed is crammed into the room alongside a bed with exposed broken slats and a stained mattress on the floor, Birmingham Live reports.
And Sarah claims the broken bed has nails sticking out of it — and bed bugs that “bite the kids.”
The couple, whose children are one, seven and 12, were left homeless when the landlord of their private rental home told them he needed the property back.
The agency has since apologized for the “hardship” and promised to look into other options for accommodating the family.
The mother shared a video from the hotel and said: “It’s completely false. I can’t even breathe here.
“As of last week, I have been homeless with my three children and my partner.
“Last week we had our landlord come to the privately rented house as the two month notice period had expired, he asked us for the keys.
“The council took us to a hotel.
“The first day we came here, the bed was broken, there were no curtains and there were no lights in the room.
“There was only one double bed for the five of us.”
Sarah initially had to send the children to Walsall to live with the extended family while arrangements were made for more beds.
A cot and a bunk bed were then crammed in, leaving little room for the family to move.
Sarah said there was no mattress in the crib and she had to put down three pillows for her youngest child.
She claimed her children are going to school itchy because of the bed bug bites and that the double bed has “fallen apart and has nails hanging from it”.
The other children have trouble sleeping next to the one-year-old, who wakes up often.
Also, with no cooking facilities, the family has survived on sandwiches, cereal, pasta, and meals in the microwave.
A spokesman for Birmingham City Council said they swapped out the bed and visited a pest controller.
A statement from the council said: “We apologize for the distress inflicted on this family.
“We swapped out the bed and a pest controller did an inspection of the room.
“The room has been treated and we will continue to monitor it to ensure standards are met.
“We are working with the tenant to resolve the other issues and explore options for accommodating her family.”
https://www.the-sun.com/news/5492045/homeless-sleep-bug-ridden-hotel-room-kids-landlord-kicked-out/ I’m homeless and sleeping with my kids in a buggy hotel room after the landlord kicked us out