There’s more than just your basic essentials when you take a trip to the grocery store.
Aldi is no exception, as one influencer found a selection of reasonably priced specialties worth trying.
Sarah, whose name is aldiallthetime on TikTok, shared her Aldi finds for the week.
She walked her 141,000 followers through the aisles, highlighting what she’s sampled and what she’s looking forward to.
Here are Sarah’s tips for the week.
Sarah said: “The Greek stuff from Aldi is A1.”
She pointed out several foods, including:
- Spanakopita: They can be found in the frozen section and are filled with spinach and cheese in a crunchy puff pastry. Sarah said, “These are so good. You have to try them.”
- Kettle chips: She really likes both flavors of these chips from Journey to Greece. They come in tzatziki and rosemary and feta.
- Olive oil: Sarah found several varieties, including Kalamata imported from Greece, she said.
Aldiallthetime commented that she loves Aldi’s vegan items.
She has tried many things and also brought some new things to test.
Here are their tips:
- Vegan pot stickers: You can find these in the frozen foods section.
- Vegan Ice Cream: This is made with coconut milk and comes in three flavors – Chocolate Peanut Butter, Raspberry Cheesecake, and Mint Chocolate Chips.
- Vegan Pasta Sauce: Sarah said she’s tried these plant-based sauces and they’re “pretty good.” These are available in Bolognese and Italian sausage flavors.
- Vegan Protein Meals: Sarah found Loma Linda’s plant-based protein bowls. It takes 60 seconds to heat up and comes in Southwest, Pad Thai, and taco fillings. They sell for $2.99 per bag.
- Vegan Meatballs: Sarah said the plant-based meatballs with tomato sauce were “probably the best I’ve ever tasted.” It is sold for $4.99.
- Vegan Bread: She found plant-based bread that she bought to try.
If you’re looking for other ice cream alternatives, according to Sarah, Aldi has you covered too.
- Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Caramel Cookie Dough: She said it looks really good.
- Vanilla Cream Bars: Sarah added if you’re watching your sugar intake, these bars are good. You get 10 bars in a box and each bar is only 20 calories. The box has three flavors: Strawberry and Vanilla, Orange and Vanilla, and Cherry and Vanilla.
- Oreo ice cream: Sarah found two flavors of this treat with cookies and cream. Aldi sells an Oreo ice cream cake and Oreo ice cream bars.
Aldiallthetime recorded something new to try.
She was fascinated by the variety of Whole & Simple brand cereal bowls.
You can find these in the frozen foods section.
She bought all four flavors to try: edamame, Korean-inspired beef, adobo chicken, and tahini & chickpea.
Nature’s Nectar sells sparkling natural lemonades in three flavors: elderflower-lemon, watermelon-raspberry, and blueberry-lemon.
Sarah said: “Love love love these sparkling natural lemonades.
“They taste like lemonade.”
Sarah’s other tips
Aldiallthetime found more finds this week:
- Cauliflower crust pizza
- Mixture of frozen seafood
- Mateo’s gourmet salsa, which she described as “A-plus”.
- Ready-to-bake Pillsbury Dino Cookies. It sells for $2.50 and Sarah said they “look cute”.
- PB&J Bites by Simply Nature. They sell for $4.69 and she said she “buys these every time”.
Sarah found frozen chunks of avocado, which she added, “I don’t get the hype surrounding these.”
Andreia Love commented on her video that frozen avocados are great for smoothies.
Sarah wrote back, “Have to try!”
The Sun explains when Starbucks is offering 50% off drinks one day a week in July.
Also, a Dollar Tree superfan shares her four items that are worth spending your money on and which ones you shouldn’t spend your money on.
https://www.the-sun.com/money/5766348/aldi-finds-buy-avoid/ I’m an Aldi Expert – six items under $5 to try this week including Oreo ice cream bars and the one to avoid