THE PANDEMIC has seen many weddings put on hold, but a record number of couples are now expected to tie the knot this year and wedding season is in full swing.
However, with the rising costs of everything from the dress to the venue, it’s difficult to stay on budget.
Luckily, a Dollar Tree superfan has five tips for inexpensive bridal shower essentials to grab when planning a party.
Home improvement expert Jay Munee posted a TikTok video in which she highlights five great finds at Dollar Tree that she’s come across that would work for a bridal shower — for yourself or a friend.
Here’s what she found.
Five bridal essentials at Dollar Tree
- Bridal hair bands in gold marked “Bride”
- Inflatable balloons with the inscription “Bride”
- Shot glasses in the shape of a diamond engagement ring
- Stem glasses with appropriate inscription
- Sleep masks and jewelry for guests and bridesmaids
The crafting mom and super fan of Dollar Tree received nearly 9,000 views for her TikTok post.
She also received more than 400 likes.
Wanting more on the subject, one follower said, “You should do a demo of a bridesmaid box.”
While another clarified, “I’m NOT going to get married lol.”
Amid rising inflation, runaway brides are less likely than runaway expenses, but experts say there are other ways to cut costs so your wedding bill doesn’t ruin your big day.
Other ways to save
According to Brides, who have almost 90 years of experience providing expert advice to help create the wedding of your dreams at affordable prices, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Hosting your wedding on a Sunday instead of a Saturday can save you thousands of dollars depending on the size of your event
- Instead of multiple event invitation cards, you can save hundreds of dollars with a single insert that directs guests to your wedding website for more information
- Follow your favorite local bridal salons on social media to find out about trunk shows, sample sales and snags like 10 percent off your dress or 20 percent off jewelry or accessories
- Using just one or two types of flowers for decorations cuts costs because florists can get bulk business from their wholesaler or vendor.
Most importantly, remember that your wedding day is just the beginning of what we hope will be a long and beautiful journey together – so it’s not about how much you spend, but WHO you want to spend your big day with.
https://www.the-sun.com/money/5894476/dollar-tree-super-fan-bridal-discount-wedding/ I’m a super fan of Dollar Tree – five inexpensive bridal shower essentials if you’re throwing a party on a budget