Using a cache hack on your Playstation 5 can significantly improve your console’s performance.
The cache hack is easy and free and requires just a few steps to implement.
The cache hack was brought to light by gaming expert PlayStation Lifestyle.
Cached data is temporary data stored to make it easier for a device to load by making certain websites and content load faster.
Clearing your cache simply deletes temporary files and makes your devices run more smoothly without saving them.
Here’s a breakdown of how to clear your PS5’s cache.
- Turn off your PS5. – It should be completely turned off, not in sleep mode.
- Press and hold the PS5’s power button until you hear a second beep. The second beep sounds after 5-7 seconds.
- Connect your controller with the USB cable.
- Press the PS button on the controller.
- Use the control pad to navigate down to “5. “Clear cache and rebuild database” and select it.
- Select “1. Clear system software cache.”
- Select OK.
MORE PS5 TIPS
According to IGN, when you use a DualSense wireless controller’s built-in microphone, it interrupts vibration intensity and adaptive triggers.
This is because setting them to “Weak” automatically makes them less pronounced, he added.
According to IGN, it is recommended that you use a different microphone so that you can enjoy the full DualSense experience.
Gaming expert Mystic (@Mysticryan) has revealed another hidden PS5 button that will help you get a better overview of all your trophies.
The hidden button can be found in the PS5 Trophies section. Then click the “Options” button while hovering over a game.
To set the feature, go to the Show All switch and enable it.
You can now simply use one switch on a game’s entire trophy list instead of checking each individual hidden trophy to see its name and criteria.
Tech expert Ben Rowlands (@benrowlands.uk) has shared little-known PS5 shortcuts that can improve your gaming experience.
- Double-tap the PS button in the center of the controller to easily access your microphone settings.
- You can start a game faster by running it from the activity bar.
- If you long press your console’s power button in sleep mode, the console will shut down completely without deleting important data.
- Long pressing the PS button on your controller will mute your TV and also your headsets.