A mother claims she is forced to sleep with her two children on an inflatable mattress in her moldy and rat-infested house.
Tanya Hall, 40, and her two sons Themetrius, 22, and Haiden, seven, were told to sleep in their living room after the doctor advised them to stay away from the mold.
The health worker also says they have been plagued by rats that entered the oven at their home in Southall, west London.
But Tanya claims that despite the mold and rodent problem, housing association A2Dominion has branded the house “safe.”
She told The Mirror: “I get panic attacks a lot because of this house. I think about the safety of my children. I do not sleep. i catch rats
“It kept me from cooking for a few days because I’m scared. [The rats] Live inside my walls every night
“If I see the rat droppings, I won’t eat in the house. I have to order takeout.”
Tanya says she was forced to replace her mold-damaged belongings.
She was also urged to stay away from rooms with the problem by medics who were brought to her home after she had trouble breathing.
The mother even claims her children “coughed and choked every night” because of the mold.
You will also be “frozen” most evenings as the living room is right next to the back garden.
She said: “We cough here every night. We don’t sleep every night.
“When I go to bed, my chest gets tight in this room at night. I can not breath. We’re choking on mold.”
A pest control company was called to the home by the landlords to deal with the rodent problem, but the housing association said the expert found minimal activity.
Dawn Wightman, Director of Homes & Communities at A2Dominion, apologized to Tanya for the issues at her home and said they take reports of mold “very seriously”.
She also revealed that a specialist inspection was carried out while repair work was underway, including “extensive checks” to protect the house from mould.
Ms Wightman added: “Our team spoke to Ms Hall on Tuesday 21 March and informed her that further investigative work would take place on Thursday 6 April.
“We have informed Ms Hall that she does not need to move out of the property and we have not advised her to sleep in the front room.
“The decision not to relocate the family was taken in conjunction with the relevant authorities, who are aware of Ms Hall’s particular circumstances and have access to the relevant information.
“We are also sorry to hear that some of Ms Hall’s belongings have been damaged and would advise her to make an insurance claim should assistance be required we remain at your disposal.
“We have agreed with Ms Hall to be in weekly contact and will continue to act in her best interests.
“We want to reassure her that the property is safe and we are doing everything we can to resolve this as soon as possible.”
https://www.the-sun.com/news/7716305/mum-sleep-front-room-sons-mould-rats/ I sleep with my kids in the front room on an inflatable mattress “after a moldy house with a rat-infested stove was deemed safe.”