A DAD almost lost his finger and required hours of surgery after being bitten by a venomous false widow spider.
Adam Roberts, 37, said he was choked to death in a trailer park.
He woke up to find his finger so swollen he couldn’t take his wedding ring off.
Father-of-two Adam was driving home to Poole in Dorset from Skegness, Lincs, but sought medical attention when swelling spread to his elbow.
The mortgage advisor said, “The surgeon said I need surgery right away.
“The bite became infected and my finger died.
“They said there was a 90 percent chance I’d lose it.”
It was saved but he must now wait months to see if he will ever be able to move the finger.
False widows – related to deadly black widows – are the most venomous spiders in the UK.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/6088761/surgery-finger-false-widow-spider-bite/ I almost lost my finger and required hours of surgery after being bitten by a venomous false widow spider