A HERO rat saved its sleeping owner from burning by moving a lit cigarette and waking her up.
Cancer-stricken Caroline Davis’ rodent Ratty became active when she fell asleep from her medication and set her dressing gown on fire.
The mother-of-two believes the rescue rat must have picked up her cigarette and moved it because it was found several meters away.
She claims Ratty then woke her up by attacking her as the dressing gown was smoldering, burning her leg.
Husband Malcolm, 64, slept upstairs.
Caroline, 61, from Peterborough, said: “If it weren’t for Ratty we could have lost our homes and maybe even our lives.
“She saved us. I like to think that’s her way of repaying me for saving her in the first place.”
The family cat, Paddy, caught Ratty and brought him home 18 months ago.
Caroline said: “I didn’t think she would survive the night. I only fed and watered her to give her a comfortable ending, but to my surprise she kept getting stronger and stronger. She paid me back in spades.”
https://www.the-sun.com/news/6893134/rat-saved-death-pet-fire-cigarette-dressing-gown-house/ I almost died after dropping a cigarette while dozing off, but my hero pet rat saved my life