THE Taj Mahal is without a doubt one of the most recognizable landmarks in the world.
It attracts up to eight million visitors each year, making it India’s highest-grossing monument.
What is the Taj Mahal?
The Taj Mahal is a mausoleum.
Construction began in 1932 and was completed in 1648.
But other parts, including the mosque, the guest house and the main gate to the south, were added and completed in 1653.
It was commissioned by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan to commemorate his favorite wife Mumtaz Mahal.
When Shah Jahan died in 1966, he was buried next to his wife in the Taj Mahal.
The mausoleum was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983 for being “the jewel of Muslim art in India and one of the universally admired masterpieces of world heritage”.
Where is the Taj Mahal?
The Taj Mahal is located in the Indian city of Agra.
It lies on the south bank of the Yamuna River.
How to find the Taj Mahal on Google Maps?
It’s pretty easy to find the Taj Mahal on Google Maps.
- First, go to Google Maps either in your web browser or on your iPhone/Android device.
- Type “Taj Mahal” but do not press Enter.
- Google Maps will instantly take you to familiar terms near your location – and the Taj Mahal is quite a popular name for Indian restaurants in the UK, so you might not get to the right place straight away.
- Look for in the list Taj Mahal, Dharmapuri, Forest Colony, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Tap on it and Google Maps will show you where the Taj Mahal is located.
And if you want to explore the inside, click and hold on the little yellow person on the bottom right and drag it over the Taj Mahal.
The best tips and hacks for phones and gadgets
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find these secret features in social media apps? We are here for you…
Get the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at email@example.com