A stabbing suspect accused of killing two and wounding six in a Las Vegas shooting had been spotted begging for a job outside an LA hospital just two days earlier.
Yoni Barrios, 32, was arrested Thursday on two counts of murder and six counts of attempted murder for stabbing eight people, including several showgirls.
It has now become known that Barrios had asked for help in another state just two days before the deadly rampage.
Photographer Jorge Lopez, 52, told NBC Los Angeles that he was walking past Los Angeles City Hall when Barrios approached him.
Lopez said Barrios told him he lost his home and everything he had.
“He kept telling me, ‘I just want an opportunity, I just want to start from scratch,'” the snapper said.
Lopez reportedly didn’t think about the interaction until he saw coverage of the mass stabbing event in Las Vegas two days later.
The killing spree began on Thursday, October 6, when Barrios allegedly asked four showgirl performers for a photo.
Witnesses say he pulled a 12-inch kitchen knife from his pocket and claims to be a chef.
Surviving performers told police they felt uncomfortable with him and refused to take a picture.
Shortly thereafter, Barrios is said to have stabbed one of the women in the heart.
Showgirl Maris Mareen Digiovanni, 30, was pronounced dead in hospital a short time later.
Witnesses claimed Barrios also stabbed a woman in the back as she tried to run from him.
The suspect also killed Brent Allan Hallett, 47.
Barrios was arrested, covered in blood, and has now been charged with two counts of murder and six counts of attempted murder, police say.
He reportedly told detectives he was from Guatemala and demanded that ICE take him home.
District Attorney Steve Wolfson said prosecutors will decide within the next 30 to 60 days whether to seek the death penalty in the case.
Barrios appears to have a history of violence.
In 2019, he was charged with criminal domestic violence by Los Angeles District Attorney Jackie Lacey, but the case failed to reach court in time.
After 90 days, the judge was forced to dismiss the case under California’s expeditious trial laws, the Daily Mail reported.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/6407556/las-vegas-knife-eight-victims-two-killed-six-injured/ Horror details emerge as the Las Vegas killer made a chilling plea he made hours before the deadly attack began.