Horrifying details emerge about serial killings as police say the killer carefully planned killings and scoured areas for cameras

MORE details have emerged into the Stockton serial killings as cops say the suspect may have been marking out potential areas for victim killings in broad daylight.

The news comes as more information was shared about the victims of devastated family members.

The alleged suspect was captured on surveillance footage

9

The alleged suspect was captured on surveillance footageCredit: AP
Officials continue to investigate the killings

9

Officials continue to investigate the killingsPhoto credit: abc10
Stockton Police have shared a map showing where the last five murders have happened

9

Stockton Police have shared a map showing where the last five murders have happenedPhoto credit: Stockton Police Department
Police have said they believe the suspect searched the area

9

Police have said they believe the suspect searched the areaPhoto credit: abc10

On Tuesday, Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden told CNN that the victims “were alone, often caught off guard, or perhaps relaxing in a vehicle or walking alone in near pitch blackness.”

The police chief, who also said the recent killings fit the definition of a serial killer, also shared the belief that the suspect may have searched the area before the killings.

“We think that person or people may be looking for their area in daylight to anticipate where cameras are and what the best approach would be,” McFadden told the outlet.

The bombshell update came after the cases were linked to ballistics evidence found at the scene.

blank
Stockton killer may have tasted blood after first victim, says expert

All seven murders occurred in dark areas where there weren’t many cameras.

THE VICTIMS

As police in Stockton continue their investigation, new details about the victims have emerged.

The first known victim was Juan Vasquez Serrano, 39, who was shot multiple times in Oakland on April 10, 2021 at around 4:15 a.m.

The second victim – an unnamed black woman – survived after a man dressed all in black ambushed her and fired multiple shots on April 16.

She described the suspect as 5ft 10″ to 6ft tall and wearing a black ‘Covid’ type mask.

The 46-year-old woman said the suspect did not say anything to her before shooting her.

The next five murders occurred on July 8, August 11, August 30, September 21 and September 27, the Stockton Police Department previously said.

The victims were identified as Paul Alexander Yaw (35), Salvador William Debudey Jr. (43), Jonathan Hernandez Rodriguez (21), Juan Cruz (52) and Lorenzo Lopez (52).

“IT WAS REALLY, REALLY HARD”

Yaw’s estranged mother, Greta Bogrow, told NBC News that her son, who was killed in Stockton on July 8, had been homeless for five years.

“I always hoped in my heart that someday we would meet again and have a relationship,” Bogrow told the outlet.

“It is always a mother’s dream that her children will become good people. He was a good man. I only wish I had the opportunity to speak to him again in this life.”

Hoping for an arrest soon, she tells NBC whoever is responsible is a “really sick person” and “preys on the vulnerable.”

“My son had a big heart. He never wanted to hurt anyone. … I don’t understand what kind of mind this person could have.

“I hope all of this publicity gets this person to get some kind of justice for what he did to my son and all the other victims and their families.

“I just hope it gets him off the streets and stops him from doing this to anyone else.”

Salvador William Debudey Jr. was killed on August 11.

Much like Lorenzo Lopez, Debudey was a father and a Stockton native.

“It’s caused a lot of pain, a lot of pain for our family,” Analydia Lopez, Debudey’s wife, told NBC affiliate KCRA.

The two have known each other for 28 years and have been married for 12 years.

“To be honest, part of me died with him that day,” Analydia said.

“It was hard. It was really, really hard.”

‘HARD TO PROCESS’

The youngest victim, Jonathan Hernandez Rodriguez, 21, was shot dead in his car on August 30.

He was born in Stockton and his funeral was held on Sept. 11, family members told KCRA.

Juan Cruz, 52, was murdered on September 21.

No additional information about Cruz was immediately available.

Speaking about his brother, victim Lawrence “Lorenzo” Lopez, Jerry Lopez told NBC that he left behind six children, ranging in age from 16 to 38.

Lopez Sr, 54, was mugged in a residential area just before 2 a.m. on September 27.

Jerry said Lorenzo was an independent contractor who had become homeless and didn’t want to “burden” the people who offered him help.

“He would rather take care of himself than others to take care of him,” his brother said.

He “was just a person who was out here in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and under the wrong circumstances,” his brother, Jerry Lopez, told KXTV-TV.

“It’s hard to process that that happened.”

INVESTIGATION OPENED

The police assembled a team of investigators, responders, camera room operators and crime analysts to solve the crimes.

During the release of the person of interest’s new video, the police chief asked the public to note the way the person walks, their posture and stride.

Police said in their Tuesday update that the person in question was photographed and filmed by surveillance cameras “on more than one occasion”.

Cops previously released a grainy image of the person of interest.

“This is very concerning,” Mayor Kevin Lincoln II said.

“We do not know if there is one individual or a set of people responsible for these murders.”

All of the victims were identified as Hispanic males, and the police chief said Tuesday it was “possible” the killer was targeting Hispanic males.

McFadden said he thought the pattern was significant enough to warn the public at a recent press conference.

He went on to address the chilling overlap between the cases, telling Newsweek, “We see some resemblance where they’re really areas of darkness.”

“It’s really areas where the person is alone, maybe doesn’t even know it’s coming, and that’s kind of the way [we’re] Look at some of the latest.

“People are on their own, they don’t have the situational awareness that we would like.”

None of the victims were robbed, and all of the crimes occurred when the victims were alone in areas where there were no surveillance cameras.

The police chief also warned the public against traveling alone in the dark and traveling through remote locations.

“I know it makes a lot of people nervous when they hear that out there,” McFadden said.

Three men killed after dating same woman in'Baltimore Black Widow' murders
Serena Williams' stepmother finally concedes defeat in her legal battle over her home

“We’re seeing some patterns and similarities in some of our more recent murders, which we’re looking at more closely.”

There’s now a more than $125,000 reward for information leading to an arrest after the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms donated $25,000 to the fund.

The police continue to investigate the series of murders

9

The police continue to investigate the series of murdersPhoto credit: abc10
Victim Paul Yaw was murdered on July 8th

9

Victim Paul Yaw was murdered on July 8thCredit: Facebook
Lawrence

9

Lawrence “Lorenzo” Lopez Sr was a father of six childrenCredit: Facebook
Salvador Debudey Jr. was also a father who was married for 12 years

9

Salvador Debudey Jr. was also a father who was married for 12 yearsCredit: Courtesy of the family
Youngest victim Jonathan Hernandez Rodriguez was 21 years old

9

Youngest victim Jonathan Hernandez Rodriguez was 21 years oldCredit: Courtesy of the family

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6378830/serial-killings-cops-killer-carefully-planned-murders/ Horrifying details emerge about serial killings as police say the killer carefully planned killings and scoured areas for cameras

DevanCole

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button