PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Rania Harris, of Rania’s CateringIntroducing part 2 of her stir fry recipe series!
Stir-fried Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (or a little more if needed for sautéing the chicken)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 1 cup frozen edamame – defrosted
- 1 bunch of chopped scallions
- Zest and juice from 1 small lemon
- ½ cup salted roasted peanuts for garnish
White rice to serve
In a large bowl, beat peanut butter with soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic chili fish sauce, sesame oil, ginger, 2/3 of garlic, and 2 tablespoons warm water until smooth. (If the sauce is too thick, dilute it with a little warm water.) Set aside.
Season chicken with salt and red pepper. Heat large skillet over high heat. Add oil and heat until it starts to smoke. Add the chicken and stir-fry, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is fully cooked, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove to a large plate.
Add the remaining garlic and chili peppers and stir-fry, season with salt. Stir-fry for just a minute or two. Add the edamame and scallions and sauté until the scallions begin to turn bright green but are still slightly cooked. Add the peanut sauce, stir well and simmer for 1 more minute. Season to taste. Turn off the stove and leave for a few minutes on the stove. Top with lemon zest and lime juice and garnish with peanuts. Serve on white rice.
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2022/02/02/cooking-with-rania-chicken-stir-fry-with-spicy-peanut-sauce/ Fried Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce – CBS Pittsburgh