The Flyers return to the ice on Wednesday night and continue where they left off in the same way. The 3-2 victory in extra time at Seattle marked their fifth win in the last six and extended their streak.
That was a quick change on Thursday, when the Flyers headed to California to wrap up a four-game road trip. Their first game was in San Jose, when they competed Shark.
Game time is 10:30pm
|Philadelphia Flyers||GP||WOOD||ONE||P||San Jose Sharks||GP||WOOD||ONE||P|
|Claude Giroux||30||11||16||27||Timo Meier||26||13||18||thirty first|
|Orange Atkinson||30||twelfth||8||20||Logan Couture||30||ten||17||27|
|Travis Konecny||30||5||13||18||Tomas Hertl||thirty first||15||8||23|
|Sean Couturier||29||6||11||17||Erik Karlsson||25||8||twelfth||20|
|James van Riemsdyk||30||7||6||13||Alexander Barabanov||26||4||13||17|
Orange Atkinson entered Thursday’s game with six points in his last five games. He’s also a 9 plus in that span, including a 2 in Wednesday’s win in Seattle. Good things seem to happen while Atkinson is on the ice, so keep an eye out for him in this installment.
Tomas Hertl continued where he had left off before taking a break in his last game. He scored one goal to extend his streak to seven games and has seven goals and three assists in that time. Nearly half of Hertl’s output this season has come in this streak, and he’s known to be a multi-game scorer, so keep an eye on him in this game.
The Flyers will make a decision on the target later today. For now, the expectation seems to be Martin Jones there will be another beginning. Jones faced a fair amount of work on Wednesday night, making 34 saves on 36 shots, so it’s not ruled out. Felix Sandstrom So did his NHL debut.
James Reimer will be a target for the Sharks. Reimer made 39 saves from 46 shots in a massive 8-7 penalty shootout win over the Arizona Coyotes on Tuesday in San Jose’s return game from the break. Reimer has been successful with wins in six of his last eight matches. Before scoring seven goals for Arizona, Reimer had conceded two or less goals in four consecutive games.
Scratches on Flyers: Carter Hart (COVID protocol), Sean Couturier (COVID protocol), Scott Laughton (COVID protocol), Derick Brassard (COVID protocol), Ryan Ellis (COVID protocol), Nate Thompson (injury). ), Nick Seeler (healthy)
Scratched Shark: Jonathan Dahlen (COVID protocol), Adin Hill (COVID protocol), Kevin Labanc (injured), Nikolai Knyzhov (injured), Nicolas Meloche (well), Rudolfs Balaries (well), Nick Merkley (healthy)
- Flyers: Things can always change, but for now, it doesn’t look like the Flyers will make any changes to the roster from Wednesday’s game.
- Shark: No roster changes are expected for the Sharks.
- Power Play: Flyers (26th), Sharks (18th)
- Penalty Kill: Flyers (13th), Sharks (6th)
- Recent history versus sharks
- February 25, 2020 – Flyers 4, Sharks 2 (at PHI)
- December 28, 2019 – Sharks 6, Flyers 1 (at SJ)
- Flyers Leaders vs. Sharks
- Travis Konecny - 6 GP, 1 G, 5 A, 6 P
- Oskar Lindblom – 2 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 2 P
- Claude Giroux – 19 GP, 8 G, 7 A, 15 P
- Kevin Hayes – 13 GP, 5 G, 5 A, 10 P
- Martin Jones – 3 GP, 1-1-0, 1.29 GAA, 0.946 SV%
- Milestone clock
- Travis Konecny needs a goal to hit 100 for his career.
- Cam Atkinson needed 3 assists to hit the 200 mark of his career.
Where to watch?
TV: NBC Sports Philadelphia
Radio: Flyers Broadcast Network
Philadelphia Flyers uniforms through the years
https://973espn.com/flyers-sharks-preview-points-in-7-straight/ Flyers-Sharks Preview: Score in 7 consecutive games?