It’s like a year since Flyers last kicked on Saturday, December 18, against the Ottawa Senators. That night, they scored a win in extra time and extended their streak to five games before the NHL finally shut down due to a league-wide COVID outbreak.
COVID is still going strong in the NHL and the rest of the world, but the Flyers are back with five new additions to the COVID protocol roster over the past few days, but also three players returning from the protocols. . They will have to face Seattle Kraken conversely, ushered in a four-game road trip on Wednesday night.
Game time is 10pm
|Philadelphia Flyers||GP||WOOD||ONE||P||Seattle Kraken||GP||WOOD||ONE||P|
|Claude Giroux||29||11||14||25||Jordan Eberle||28||twelfth||9||21|
|Orange Atkinson||29||twelfth||8||20||Jaden Schwartz||28||6||14||20|
|Sean Couturier||29||6||11||17||Jared McCann||25||twelfth||5||17|
|Travis Konecny||29||5||twelfth||17||Yanni Gourde||22||6||ten||16|
|Joel Farabee||22||8||3||11||Alex Wennberg||30||3||13||16|
Joel Farabee returned to the squad in the team’s final game and scored the match-fixing goal. Before injuring his shoulder on December 1, Farabee had also scored in three consecutive games. The extended break gives Farabee more time to relax and he should find a way to pick up where he left off.
Jordan Eberle had led Kraken with 21 points and was tied with the leader in goals with 12. Before the pause, Eberle had provided four assists in the previous four games, but was also in a goalless drought. won in five matches. Eberle appeared to have a goal on his stick when Seattle faced the Flyers in October, but an incredible save by Carter Hart reverse the situation.
Martin Jones will start for the Flyers. Jones started for the first time since December 11, when he won against the Arizona Coyotes, scoring three goals on 32 shots. That broke a five-game streak that started in a row with losses for Jones.
Philipp Grubauer start for Seattle. Grubauer lost his final game on 15 December, scoring three goals from 18 shots in 40 minutes. Grubauer’s last win came on December 3, and he’s on a four-game losing streak since then. Grubauer was also pulled after allowing five goals from 20 shots for the Flyers on October 18.
Scratches on Flyers: Carter Hart (COVID protocol), Sean Couturier (COVID protocol), Scott Laughton (COVID protocol), Derick Brassard (COVID protocol), Ryan Ellis (COVID protocol), Nate Thompson (injury). ), Nick Seeler (healthy)
Kraken Scratches: Ryan Donato (COVID protocol), Vince Dunn (COVID protocol), Mason Appleton (COVID protocol), Adam Larsson (healthy), Alexander True (well)
- Leaflet: Max Willman, Kevin Hayes, and Morgan Frost all generate profits from the COVID protocol. On Monday, the group announced that Carter Hart, Scott Laughton, and Derick Brassard entered the COVID protocol, joining the previous additions of Sean Couturier and Ryan Ellis. Ellis is still out due to injury. The remaining names on the COVID list are not expected to be available for the duration of the trip.
- Kraken: Seattle has four players in the COVID protocol. It was also recently announced that Brandon Tanev torn the ACL and will be out of action for the rest of the season.
- Power Play: Flyers (26th), Kraken (22nd)
- Penalty Kill: Flyers (11th), Kraken (16th)
- Recent History vs. Kraken
- October 18, 2021 – Flyers 6, Kraken 1 (at PHI)
- Milestone clock
- Travis Konecny needs a goal to hit 100 for his career.
- Claude Giroux needed an assist to hit 600 for his career.
- Giroux also needed a point to overtake Bill Barber to come second on the franchise’s all-time scoring list.
- Cam Atkinson needed 3 assists to hit the 200 mark of his career.
Where to watch?
TV: NBC Sports Philadelphia
Radio: Flyers Broadcast Network
Philadelphia Flyers uniforms through the years
https://973espn.com/flyers-kraken-preview-flyers-return-from-break-start-4-game-road-trip/ Flyer returns from break, Start of 4 game long road trip