A SMALL fire broke out at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom in Florida last night and one person was injured, according to reports.
A tree caught fire near Cinderella Castle, possibly caused by debris from the nightly fireworks display.
Fire officials told WESH 2 that one person was treated at the scene for minor injuries, after inhaling chemicals from a fire extinguisher.
It was reported by wdwnt.com that the injured person was a security guard, with firefighters calling at 6:45 p.m. local time.
According to Orlando Sentinel, the fire was started in a junction box outside Cinderella Castle, then spread to a nearby tree.
Cinderella Castle and surrounding areas were evacuated as the fire was extinguished.
Professional Reedy Creek firefighters attended and tweeted after the event.
“Tonight the Reedy Creek Fire Brigade quickly responded to an incident at the Magic Kingdom.
“The fire was quickly extinguished by units at the scene. No major damage was reported. Thank you to the watch crews for their professionalism.”
If you’re interested in other Disney theme park stories, check out this ride inside Disney World so terrible it’s closed.
https://www.the-sun.com/travel/4275709/disney-fire-evacuated-cinderella-castle/ Fire near Cinderella Castle at Disney World leads to amusement park evacuation