It’s less than two weeks until Christmas and you don’t have much time to get presents in the mail so they arrive in time for the holiday.
There are several delivery deadlines coming up this week.
The first day is Wednesday, but the US Postal Service, UPS and FedEx are asking people to get your gifts in the mail as soon as possible. The sooner you get it in the mail, the more money you save.
It’s the USPS’ busiest time of year, both inside and outside.
Jack Bernardo is preparing for the holidays in a hurry, sending a gift by mail to his daughter who is working in the Navy stationed abroad.
The sooner you get your package in the mail, the more likely it is that they’ll send it under your loved one’s tree on Christmas morning.
USPS said it was getting ready for this peak season in February by hiring and training new workers, preparing tens of thousands of packages to arrive at the processing plant daily.
James Chambers is the postmaster for USPS Fort Myers. “I know that last year we handled about 1.3 billion packages during peak season nationally,” he said. City of Fort Myers, we are 1.3 million people. If you divide our 30 days by that. That’s a lot of packages. ”
Wednesday, December 15, is the deadline for retail ground service.
That starts at almost $8 depending on what you’re sending.
December 15 is also the FedEx Ground deadline, which starts at almost $9 for a padded envelope.
And shipping an extra small box through UPS will also cost about $9.
Prices only increase the longer you wait.
Payment procedures pirateship.com. The website estimates how much it will cost you to send your package by its size and weight.
It will also tell you which mail service and carrier will save you the most money this season.
Continent of the United States:
- December 15: USPS Retail Ground Services
- December 17: First-class mail service (including holiday greeting cards)
- December 17: First Class (up to 15.99 ounces)
- December 18: Priority mail service
- December 23: Priority mail courier service
USPS For Air Force / Army / Fleet / Diplomatic postal addresses:
- November 6: Ground retail service
- December 9: Priority mail and first class mail
- December 16: Priority letter for military service
USPS Alaska and Hawaii:
- December 17: Hawaii to/from the mainland – priority mail and first class mail
- December 18: Alaska to/from Mainland US – first class and priority mail
- December 21: Alaska to/from Mainland US and Hawaii to/from mainland – priority mail delivery
- December 9th: ground economy
- 12/15: hand over land and receive house
- December 21: quick savings
- December 22: two days and two mornings
- December 23: overnight service
- December 24: same day
- Ground transportation, check the website for a quote
- December 22: air service on monday
- December 23: next day air services
- December 25: No pick up service, UPS holidays
- Note: Ensure UPS service remains suspended for some services due to COVID-19
Walmart offers Free two-day shipping on millions of items with no delivery fees. Free next-day shipping on orders of $35 or more is also available in eligible ZIP codes. Walmart recently even extended its delivery hours from two o’clock to 10 p.m
If you sign up Walmart +, you can also get unlimited free shipping from your store, free minimum order quantity shipping and more.
Best buy offers free next day shipping on eligible products (minimum purchase of $35) and free standard shipping on orders of $35 or more on items eligible.
Plus, become a Best Buy Totaltech member for free two-day shipping and more.
https://www.winknews.com/2021/12/14/fedex-ups-and-usps-holiday-shipping-deadlines-are-here/ FedEx, UPS and USPS holiday delivery deadlines are here