Sport

Ex-Man City star Otamendi has £250,000 worth of watches, jewelry and cash stolen by a gang of ‘seven men in military style’

The ‘professional’ gang that attacked former Man City star Nicolas Otamendi during a violent robbery at his home was wearing gloves and balaclavas and communicating by walkie-talkie.

They fled with £250,000 worth of watches, jewelry and cash the ‘army style’ raid lasted only ten minutes, reports in Portugal said.

Nicolas Otamendi moved to Benfica from Manchester City last year

3

Nicolas Otamendi moved to Benfica from Manchester City last yearCredit: Getty

Otamendi who participated Portuguese giants Benfica in September 2020, was said to have worn a belt around his neck and had his hands tied behind his back in an ambush when he returned home just before 1 a.m. after his team’s 4-1 win on Sunday night.

His ‘panic’ children are said to have been separated from their father by intruders after they forced the footballer into his home at a private estate surrounded by a pine forest half an hour drive from Lisbon.

Initial reports indicated that four men were involved in the violent break-in at Herdade da Aroeira, but Portuguese media cited police sources as saying there could be up to SEVEN criminals believed to be Eastern. Europe.

Part of the gang is said to have been outside Otamendi’s home on surveillance missions while their accomplices were inside, with radios allowing them to communicate.

None of the attackers are said to speak Portuguese.

Police are understood to be probing the possibility that the gang involved in the attack may have flown to Portugal to commit the crime and could be behind other unsolved raids into the bridge’s homes. football player.

Most read in the Premier League

The home of Porto midfielder Otavio was targeted in December 2019 while he was at home against Feyenoord in the Europa League.

His wife was alone with their children when the break-in happened and reported it to the police.

On the same day, the home of Celta de Vigo striker Iago Aspas on Portugal’s northern border with Spain was also targeted.

Argentina international Otamendi has now hired private security to guard the outside of his home.

An unconfirmed report in the respected Jornal de Noticias says the 33-year-old has decided to move out after the movie and is now house hunting with the help of his club.

The robbery is being investigated by Portugal’s Policia Judiciaria force, which has yet to make an official comment and is expected to remain silent until arrests are made.

The guard is said to have a belt placed around his neck during the raid

3

The guard is said to have a belt placed around his neck during the raidCredit: EPA

Although initial reports indicated that Otamendi’s son was the only child at home, his daughter is also believed to have been caught up in the incident.

Benfica said in a statement: “Benfica can confirm their player Nico Otamendi was the victim of a robbery at his home in the early hours of today.

“The player and his family are doing well, despite the enormous discomfort caused by the situation they are in.

“Benfica urges the privacy of the player and his family to be respected by all media outlets, pending an investigation by the authorities.”

Otamendi returned in October 2020 after being accused of being late in paying child support.

The Argentina international is said at the time to have discovered his ex was taking legal action when he boarded a plane to Bolivia for his country’s World Cup qualifiers.

Otamendi won two Premier League titles during his time at Etihad

3

Otamendi won two Premier League titles during his time at EtihadCredit: Reuters

Otamendi has a 14-year-old daughter named Morena from this relationship.

The defender, who has two children named Mia and Valentin with current wife Celeste Rey, released a statement at the time claiming he and his family were victims of ‘gratuitous and unfair attacks’ ‘.

“Unfortunately, I find myself forced to clarify that the attacks my family and I have received, using my daughter as a passive tool, are unreasonable and unfair,” he said. is equal to.

“I have always fulfilled my duty as a father with great love, seeking the best for my daughter.

“There is a limit to her, my family and me personally, smearing my good title as a father, and I will deal with this in court.”

As a young player growing up in the suburbs of Buenos Aires, Otamendi combined boxing with football.

He spent five years at City, making 210 appearances and scoring 11 goals after a £32m move from Valencia.

He won two Premier League titles, four League Cups and an FA Cup during his time at the Etihad.

Read ours Live blog football news for the latest gossip, gossip and deals done

Former Man City star Otamendi was ‘tied with a belt’ by 4 violent robbers right in front of his family at his home

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/premier-league/4267623/nicolas-otamendi-raid-details/ Ex-Man City star Otamendi has £250,000 worth of watches, jewelry and cash stolen by a gang of ‘seven men in military style’

Huynh Nguyen

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button