THE mastermind behind eco-mob Just Stop Oil was nicked last night after The Sun whistled on its plan to shut down the motorway network.
Roger Hallam, 56, was questioned after we told police his group plan to scale motorway bridges on the M25 today and disrupt traffic.
Two other activists were also arrested last night.
And in another victory for the people at the hands of The Sun, National Highways yesterday obtained a High Court injunction to prevent protesters from disrupting the road.
Hallam’s arrest came after we infiltrated a meeting on Wednesday and leaked records to police of the hard-line green activists’ conspiracy.
We were then invited to join the Met’s Territorial Support Group when officers smashed Hallam’s front door to his home in Kennington, south London.
He was not at home but evidence, including a laptop, was removed.
Met police later confirmed that a 56-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit public nuisance.
Hallam was still in custody last night. Deputy Commissioner Matt Twist said: “Our investigation has reason to believe that the Just Stop Oil group intends to disrupt major highway networks that would cause serious harm to the public by recklessly obstructing the public on a large scale.”
He said it’s possible that today even more are interested in causing unlawful disruption and urged the public to remain vigilant.
On Wednesday, The Sun listened as activists unveiled plans to stop cars on the M25 – which is used by 200,000 motorists every day.
By Christmas, the eco-fanatics vowed daily action by dangling over portals. They could have cost the already struggling British economy billions.
One member boasted: “It’s almost impossible to quit. We will not back down.”
Organic farmer Hallam, co-founder of another green mob, Extinction Rebellion, vowed: “This isn’t just another action. It is possibly the most significant act of civil disobedience in decades.
“If it goes on like this for two days, fine. If it’s three or four, it’ll be the biggest disruption in British history.”
He boasted about his credentials when it comes to bringing Britain to a standstill, laughing: “I’ve got a bit of talent.
“We need to get to the portals – there are thousands of them. We created this as a prototype.
“When we engage in such massive economic disruption, the government cannot ignore us.
“We have to get up, we’re not here to pat on the back.”
He went on to say that ex-PM Tony Blair’s “most frightening moment of his premiership wasn’t the Iraq war, it was when people closed the highways because of gas prices”.
A ringleader, who said her name was Lucia, gave more details about the portal’s occupation.
She said: “There are hundreds and hundreds. police is impossible. That’s going to be huge.”
But their plans fell through when National Highways won a High Court injunction based on information from The Sun.
It means that anyone who attaches themselves to an object or structure on the freeway, and anyone who helps them, can be contempt in court. They face imprisonment, unlimited fines and confiscation of their assets.
Transportation Secretary Mark Harper said he directed National Highways to crack down on a “reckless minority of protesters.”
The Roads Authority said it would “do everything possible to prevent unlawful protest activity and punish anyone violating the restraining orders.”
https://www.the-sun.com/news/6616253/just-stop-oil-chief-nicked-motorway-plot/ Eco-mob mastermind Just Stop Oil stolen after The Sun whistled at the property to block the freeway network