FOOTAGE shows the moment a suspected Russian helicopter was shot out of the sky over a Kiev reservoir as Ukrainian forces fought for control of the skies.
The clip shows sparks flying from the helicopter as it dives into the water in the early days of the Russian invasion.
The helicopter burst into smoke after being blown out of the sky[/caption]
Filmed on February 24, the same day a swarm of Russian helicopters swooped in on the Ukrainian capital, the Mi-24 helicopter appears to be under fire from what are believed to be Ukrainian Stingers and anti-aircraft missiles.
It comes after chilling Footage showed Russian attack helicopters sweeping over Ukraine to attack an airport just a few kilometers from Kyiv on the same day.
Russian helicopters sped over the countryside as they attacked the military base at Gostomel Airport.
Ukrainian officials said they managed to shoot down at least three of the planes – but the Russians managed to take control of the area.
The clips were then shot Vladimir Putin declared war on Ukraine with a barrage of artillery, airstrikes and missiles last week.
As the brutal invasion enters its ninth day, more than 2,000 civilians are said to have been killed as cities became war zones.
Most read in The US Sun
Checks valued at $1,657 are dispatched in just seven days since the exact payment date has been announced
Putin’s hopes of a quick victory have been dashed as harrowing images of burnt-out Russian vehicles and sobbing soldiers after the surrender have surfaced.
It comes like Ukraine accuses Putin of wanting “another Chernobyl”. after Russian troops attacked Europe’s largest nuclear power plant.
Read ours Live blog Russia-Ukraine for the very latest updates
The country’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Russia was guilty of “nuclear terrorism” after the plant was set on fire as Boris Johnson announced he would seek an emergency UN meeting.
Dramatic live stream video from the Enerhodar site showed Russian troops charging at one of the buildings.
After the attack, President Zelenskyy condemned the Russians.
“No country other than Russia has ever fired on nuclear power plants,” he said in a video message to his embattled nation.
“This is the first time in our history. In human history. The terrorist state now resorted to nuclear terror.”
It comes as…
- One of Vladimir Putin’s top generals was shot killed by a sniper a heavy blow to the Kremlin’s war plan to annihilate Ukraine
- Implementation plans were drawn up public executions in Ukrainian cities
- Terrifying dashcam footage has caught the moment Russian bombs flew overhead and hit a block of flats
- Putin issued a grim defense his invasion of Ukraine today, and bizarrely claimed the war was a “success.”
- President Volodymyr Zelenskyy stood defiant as he swore, Vladimir Putin would pay the price for every dead Ukrainian.
- Kyiv continues to be besieged while Russia continues to advance throughout Ukraine
- Cherson became the first city to be conquered by Vladimir Putin’s forces amid major bloodshed in Kharkiv, Mariupol and Chernihiv
- Russian soldiers were pictured crying and begging to return home after capture
- Russian oligarch Alisher Usmanov – who funded Everton – had his £600million Superyacht confiscated in Germany
Boris Johnson later spoke to Zelenskyy about the “worrying situation” that was the result of Vladimir Putin’s “reckless actions,” Downing Street said.
“Both leaders agreed that Russia must immediately stop its attack on the power plant and allow emergency services full access to the power plant,” a spokesman said.
“The prime minister said President Putin’s reckless actions could now directly threaten the security of all of Europe.
“He said Britain will do everything it can to ensure the situation does not deteriorate any further.
“The Prime Minister said he would seek an emergency UN Security Council meeting in the coming hours and that Britain would immediately raise the issue with Russia and close partners.
“Both leaders agreed that a ceasefire is vital.”
Everything you need to know about the Russian invasion of Ukraine
Everything you need to know about Russia’s invasion of Ukraine…
- Why is Russia invades Ukraine?
- Will the Britain goes to war?
- how can i join Foreign Legion of Ukraine?
- What can I do help Ukraine?
- Who is the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy?
- How much gas does Britain get from Russia?
- is Russia part of NATO?
- Does Russia has nuclear weapons?
- Why is Ukraine not in NATO?
- how great is the Russian army?
- what is Article 5 of the NATO treaty?
- What is the Minsk Agreement?
- Which countries were in the The Soviet Union?
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4820130/ukrainian-troops-blast-russian-attack-helicopter/ Dramatic moment In the battle for Kyiv, Ukrainian troops blow up a “Russian” combat helicopter out of the sky