World

Dismembered bodies of two children, aged 5 to 10, stuffed into boxes won at a Storage Wars-style auction ‘had been there for YEARS’

THE bodies found in cases won by a family in a Storage Wars-style auction are those of two young children.

Police said the decomposing bodies could have been hidden for years before being found by a family searching the contents of an abandoned camp in New Zealand.

Police in front of the property where the gruesome discovery was made

5

Police in front of the property where the gruesome discovery was madePhoto credit: NZ Herald
Detective Inspector Tofilau Faamanuia Vaaelua revealed the bodies were two children

5

Detective Inspector Tofilau Faamanuia Vaaelua revealed the bodies were two children
Safe Store Papatoetoe in Auckland, New Zealand, where the human remains came from

5

Safe Store Papatoetoe in Auckland, New Zealand, where the human remains came fromPhoto credit: Google Maps

Buyers are not allowed to inspect the contents before bidding on a unit, and the unknowing family hauled the purchase back on a trailer.

Police arrived at her home in Auckland on Thursday after being called by shocked shoppers when neighbors reported a foul smell coming from the house.

Detective Inspector Tofilau Faamanuia Vaaelua has now revealed that the two bodies are those of two children between the ages of five and ten.

They may have been between the ages of three and four in two similarly sized suitcases, he said.

“I really feel for the families of these victims,” ​​Vaaelua said.

Russia'intercepts' British spy plane after plane'crossed Putin's borders'
Man, 51, survives FIVE days on desert island by eating two lemons and charcoal

“This is not an easy investigation. No matter how long or how many years you serve, investigating horrifying cases like this is never an easy task.

“The investigation team is working very hard to bring accountability to the person or persons responsible for the deaths of these children.”

Household and personal items found alongside the suitcases help provide clues identifying the victims, Mr Vaaelua said.

He also announced that the New Zealand police are cooperating with the international crime agency Interpol in their investigation.

The victims’ relatives are believed to be in New Zealand, but confirmed family members who found the bodies are not involved.

The children have not yet been identified and Vaaelua said he feels for their families who may not know they are dead.

“Many of us are parents and we have a job to do and we’re doing our best to identify the victims,” ​​he said.

“What I can say is that we are making very good progress with DNA research.”

A neighbor said at the time of the discovery week that the trailer carrying the suitcases contained “children’s things in the back of the trailer: prams, toys, baby walkers”.

Three hearses were seen outside the property as the remains were being taken away for examination.

A neighbor said there was a noticeable stench coming from the house – and suspected the bodies had been “dismembered”.

They said, “Whatever happened… [they] must have been dismembered carrying the bodies into the hearse.

“It was a short walk to get the remains into the hearse.

“I could smell it here. I thought it was a dead cat or something.

“They brought it back on a trailer. How could they not absorb the smell?

“I knew that because I’m a hog hunter and when carcasses go bad it’s the same smell. So I thought it was a dead animal.”

It comes after a family member said his relatives had no idea how many bodies had been found.

Another neighbor, Shelton Honana, told Newshub: “I feel sorry for the family because they have nothing to do with it.

“Whoever did it… first. It’s a little unfair, brother. It’s awful, bloody scary.”

The boss of storage unit company Safe Store Ltd confirmed the company is cooperating with the police in the grisly investigation.

“We won’t say anything because the police are investigating and we are cooperating with the police,” the director said.

A cordon was put in place around the home over the weekend while forensic investigators searched the crime scene.

An autopsy is now being carried out on the remains.

Businesses often auction abandoned units to recoup some of the unpaid rent — a practice that even inspired the US TV show Storage Wars.

Set in California, the series has been running for more than a decade starting in 2010 – with the newest series in 2021.

Storerooms are auctioned off if the rent has not been paid for three months.

Buyers can only view the contents for five minutes – but they are not allowed to enter the warehouse or open crates.

Police arrived at the home in Auckland on Thursday afternoon

5

Police arrived at the home in Auckland on Thursday afternoonPhoto credit: NZ Herald
Cops say they're still trying to figure out how many bodies are on the cases

5

Cops say they’re still trying to figure out how many bodies are on the casesPhoto credit: NZ Herald

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6023811/bodies-two-kids-cases-won-auction-years/ Dismembered bodies of two children, aged 5 to 10, stuffed into boxes won at a Storage Wars-style auction ‘had been there for YEARS’

DevanCole

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button