Dillian Whyte’s lawyer cast doubt on Tyson Fury’s fight as he claims dealing with Gypsy King is ‘like pulling teeth’

DILLIAN WHYTE’s lawyer has cast doubt on whether his fight with Tyson Fury will continue.

Whyte, 33, will face The Gypsy King for the WBC heavyweight title on April 23 at Wembley Stadium.

Whyte did not attend the first press conference for the fight

2

Whyte did not attend the first press conference for the fightPhoto credit: Reuters
Fury and Whyte have exchanged views verbally in the past

2

Fury and Whyte have exchanged views verbally in the pastPhoto credit: Getty

But challenger’s representative Jeffrey Benz has now opened up about the struggles they’ve had in negotiations with Fury’s team – specifically with promoter Frank Warren.

Speaking to talkSPORT, he said: “We haven’t spoken to Frank [Warren] or George [Warren] for a month.

“I had a total of three minutes of conversation with Frank, he called me. All we asked for is regular, standard, commercial; it’s not fancy or outrageous.

“[Their behaviour is] like nothing I’ve ever seen. We don’t have a single ticket for Dillian, his entourage, his mother, or anyone else.

“As opposed to what [Frank] Warren said we didn’t ask for complimentary tickets equal to the total number of ringside seats; We asked for 25 seats on the Ring. This is normal, we give this to Dillian’s opponents.

“We weren’t given anything. We asked for credentials for his security team and video team. You gave us the essentials.

“We spent weeks asking her the size of the ring. Imagine Crystal Palace traveling to Chelsea and they don’t know the size of the pitch?

“They were silly games, it was like pulling teeth and nails. [They’re] try to stack the deck in favor of Fury.

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100 GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (T&Cs apply)

Earlier this month, Benz explained why Whyte opted not to attend the first pre-fight press conference – which Fury ended up carrying out on his own.

Benz said: “Dillian Whyte would have been more than happy to attend the ticket launch event but couldn’t even agree with Frank Warren’s Queensberry Promotions on his very basic requirements, which are normal in the sport of boxing.

“But they haven’t even told us where and when this one-sided scuffle will take place. It is really incredible.

“We’re dealing with dinosaurs here. They’re offering $41 million for a fight, but they’re all over the place. They didn’t even meet Dillian’s basic requirements, which are perfectly normal and nothing out of the ordinary.”

Meanwhile, Fury’s camp was thrown into chaos on Friday after his main sparring partner Jared Anderson withdrew.

The American contender, who was also set to appear on Wembley’s undercard, revealed on Instagram that he was injured.

Anderson, 22, wrote: “To all my fans and supporters I would like to personally apologize as I will no longer be able to fight on the Fury vs Whyte undercard due to injury.

“I stormed this camp and now I have to hide. I’ll come back ten times stronger. Sincerely, The Real Big Baby.”

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/4975188/dillian-whyte-lawyer-tyson-fury-fight/ Dillian Whyte’s lawyer cast doubt on Tyson Fury’s fight as he claims dealing with Gypsy King is ‘like pulling teeth’

ClareFora

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button