Dean Richards shares the recipe for Loaf Leftover Turkey.
- 3 cups stuffed with 2 large beaten eggs added to bind the mixture.
- 1 cup squash or vegetables
- 4 cups turkey, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup turkey gravy
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups whole cranberry sauce
- Oil spray
- Wash eggs -1 large egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- In a 9” x 5” loaf pan with the sides just hanging over the edges, spray the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Completely roll the bottom and all sides with the stuffing. Cover the pan thoroughly with about 1/4-1/2 inch of batter.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put each ingredient in the pan; one on top of the other (turkey, sweet potato, vegetable, mashed potato)
- Spread another layer of dough on top of the mixture to seal the loaf.
- With a fork, pierce the tip. Lightly spread a layer of egg wash on the loaf.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or the bottom is crispy and the top is browned.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
https://wgntv.com/morning-news/deancooks/dean-shares-recipe-for-turkey-leftover-loaf/ Dean shares his recipe for Leftover Loaf