Dave’s Sushi in Montana is being held responsible for causing two deaths and poisoning 30 patrons in a lawsuit filed by the victim’s husband

TWO people have reportedly died and at least 30 have been poisoned after eating at a sushi restaurant.

Dave’s Sushi was found responsible for the cause of death in a lawsuit filed by the husband of one of the victims.

William Lewis, 74, died just a day after eating at a sushi restaurant


William Lewis, 74, died just a day after eating at a sushi restaurantPhoto credit: Legacy.com
Donna Ventura collapsed after reportedly eating a sushi roll that contained morels


Donna Ventura collapsed after reportedly eating a sushi roll that contained morelsPhoto credit: Legacy.com

William Lewis, 74, and Donna Ventura, 64, died just days apart after dining at the restaurant in Bozeman, Montana on April 17.

William, who moved to Montana in 2016, died of dehydration the next morning.

According to the CBS affiliate, Donna became ill an hour after eating a sushi roll that contained salmon and morels KBZK.

The mushrooms were imported from China through a trader in California.

Horror details of a bloody shark attack on a 13-year-old girl revealed by her emotional mother
Two dead and 10 hospitalized in tornado after it swept through town

She collapsed and was taken to the hospital, where she suffered cardiac arrest.

She suffered organ failure and died in intensive care on April 29, according to court documents obtained by the KBZK.

Her husband has filed a wrongful death lawsuit, claiming the restaurant caused her “significant and life-threatening injuries.”

It is unknown how William and Donna died.

Donna was an avid bunco player, an online player obituary has revealed.

William and his wife Kelli traveled for years, played golf and enjoyed hosting gatherings for their family and friends, a report said obituary.

in one opinionGallatin County Health Department officials said, “Preliminary research suggests that foods containing morels may be a cause for concern.”

The outbreak appears to be limited to those who ate at the restaurant between March 31 and April 17.

The restaurant was temporarily closed on April 21 after reports of diners falling ill.

Dave’s Sushi chefs said they stopped serving the morels after being contacted by guests.

In a statement released on InstagramThe restaurant said: “Regardless of the circumstances or the outcome, our thoughts are with the families of the two deceased and all who have been affected.”

The restaurant said safety has “always been a top priority.”

I had two stillborn births and my uterus ruptured, but my trauma is helping others now
Car expert reveals how every driver should clean their wheels properly

Experts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have warned that 48 million people contract foodborne illnesses every year.

More than 120,000 people are hospitalized and 3,000 victims die.

Dave's Sushi is temporarily closed


Dave’s Sushi is temporarily closedCredit: Instagram/Daves_Sushi
The two guests ate a sushi roll with morels (stock photo)


The two guests ate a sushi roll with morels (stock photo)Photo credit: Getty


PaulLeBlanc is a Dailynationtoday U.S. News Reporter based in London. His focus is on U.S. politics and the environment. He has covered climate change extensively, as well as healthcare and crime. PaulLeBlanc joined Dailynationtoday in 2021 from the Daily Express and previously worked for Chemist and Druggist and the Jewish Chronicle. He is a graduate of Cambridge University. Languages: English. You can get in touch with me by emailing: paulleblanc@dailynationtoday.com.

Related Articles

Back to top button