CANELO ALVAREZ is back at light heavyweight as he challenges WBA titlist Dmitry Bivol in Las Vegas.
The Mexican was last in the ring in November when he knocked out Caleb Plant in the 11th round to win the undisputed super middleweight title.
But now Alvarez is challenging again at 175lbs, where he last fought Sergey Kovalev in November 2019, winning the WBO strap in the process.
However, Bivol presents a more difficult task than Kovalev as he is a much fresher fighter with some solid wins including Joe Smith Jr. and Jean Pascal.
The Russian beat Umar Salamov on points in his last game over four months ago.
Against Alvarez, Bivol will need to show his A-game, especially given the massive fan base Canelo will bring to the T-Mobile Arena in Vegas.
When is Canelo vs Bivol?
- The big duel between Canelo Alvarez and Dmitry Bivol will take place on Saturday, May 7th.
- The fight will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Around 20,000 fans will be present at the big duel.
What channel is this and can it be streamed live?
- Alvarez vs. Bivol will be shown live on DAZN in the UK.
- You can subscribe to DAZN for £7.99 a month.
- The event is available as a live stream via the DAZN app, which you can download to your phone or tablet.
- Expect the Main Event ring walks to start around 4:30am UK time.
Canelo vs Bivol FULL MAP
Canelo and Bivol lead the card, but Matchroom also set up a heavyweight title eliminator in Filip Hrgovic vs. Zhilei Zhang.
Prospects Marc Castro and Alexis Espino are also in action.
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Dmitry Bivol – WBA Light Heavyweight Title
- Filip Hrgovic vs. Zhilei Zhang
- Montana Love vs. Gabriel Gollaz Valenzuela
- Shakhram Giyasov vs. Christian Gomez
- Joselito Velazquez vs. Jose Soto
- Alexis Espino vs. Aaron Silva
- Marc Castro versus Pedro Vicente Sharbaai
- Elnur Abduraimov versus Manuel Correa
- Fernando Angel Molina vs Ricardo Valdovinos
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100 GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (T&Cs apply)
what was said
Canelo called: “[Dmitry’s] a really good boxer. At 175, he’s a solid champion. It’s a dangerous fight. I like it, I love this kind of challenge.
“I really like it. But I believe in my abilities and I’m strong too. So I’m confident, but it’s going to be a really good fight.
“I like the idea of being undisputed at 175. I like that, but you never know.”
bivol said: “Canelo can fight aliens and that doesn’t change anything.
“I’ve also done it with cruiserweights or heavyweights. The truth is, it doesn’t matter because in the end it’s just sparring.
“I will do my best to put on a good fight.
“I’ll try to win and I’ll use all my skills to make it a great fight for everyone out there.”
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/5207693/canelo-alvarez-vs-dmitry-bivol-date-uk-start-time-live-stream-tv-channel-undercard/ Date, UK Start Time, Live Stream, TV Channel