SUNDERLAND have played in the third division of English football for four seasons.
And the Black Cats have a chance to bounce back if they can beat Wycombe in the League One play-off final.
The Mackems were taken nearly the full distance in their Sheffield Wednesday semi-final.
But Patrick Roberts’ well-placed stoppage-time finish gave Sunderland a dramatic semi-final victory.
Meanwhile, Wycombe’s drive to Wembley was a little smoother as they led MK Dons for the entire tie.
The Chairboys had to show their resilience, however, as Dons striker Troy Parrotts’ goal in the second leg brought the contest to a nervous end.
When will Sunderland vs Wycombe kick off?
- Sunderland take on Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday, May 21st – TODAY.
- The aim is probably to 3pm UK time.
- Wembley Stadium is the designated venue for this delicious final, which can seat around 90,000 spectators.
- Wycombe will seek his second promotion in four years while Sunderland lost the 2019 play-off final to Charlton.
What TV channel is Sunderland vs Wycombe on and can I stream it live?
- Sunderland vs Wycombe will be broadcast live Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football.
- The insurance cover starts from 2pm UK time on both channels – one hour before kick-off.
- Subscribers have the option to stream the game live via the Sky Sports website and Sky Go app.
Can I buy tickets for Sunderland vs Wycombe?
Tickets for the League One play-off final between Sunderland and Wycombe are currently on sale.
The official website of Wembley Stadium states that tickets for this year’s final will be sold through the respective competing clubs.
Sunderland have been granted their request to increase their ticket allocation by 6,000 – from 43,960 to 49,960.
Visit the Wembley Stadium Ticket Portal for more information on tickets.
Sunderland duo Aiden McGeady and Nathan Broadhead could both be in the League One play-off final, although the latter struggled through Sheffield Wednesday despite not being at 100 per cent.
However, Black Cats head coach Alex Neil has mentioned that Carl Winchester’s groin problems make him doubt and Leon Dajaku could miss the trip due to illness.
Wycombe Wanderers head coach Gary Ainsworth was delighted to have Garath McClearly called up to his side who battled MK Dons in the second leg of their semi-final.
And Ainsworth will be thankful McClearly came through the game unscathed, along with the rest of the squad.
Team news will be updated closer to the game
Only 90 minutes
- Sunderland wins 21/20
- Draw 23.10
- Wycombe wins 13/5
- Sunderland is promoted 4/7
- Wycombe is promoted 5/4
*Odds provided by Betfair are correct at time of publication
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/5345136/sunderland-vs-wycombe-tv-channel-live-stream-kick-off-time-team-news-league-one-play-off-final/ Date, TV channel, live stream, kick-off time and team news for the League One Play-off FINAL