MAYIM Bialik looked tiring in a new video while recovering from an intensive medical procedure instead of filming her game show.
Mayim, 47, appears on Celebrity Jeopardy! replaced by Ken Jennings. this season, and it is unknown when she will return as a presenter.
In Mayim’s latest Instagram video, the TV star looked exhausted but in good spirits over the weekend.
She spent all of Friday and maybe even spent the night in the hospital after undergoing a colonoscopy while Jeopardy! recorded new episodes.
The ‘Big Bang Theory’ star previously said the colonoscopy was ‘not a lot of fun’.
While she wasn’t wearing makeup and her eyes looked heavy in a black t-shirt, she shared that everything was fine and she’s resting now.
“Okay, I’m home. I survived the colonoscopy,” Mayim said with a gentle laugh at the camera.
“Preparation can be daunting, I can share my top tips with you another time.
“This is one of those things that a lot of people procrastinate, and I strongly encourage you not to procrastinate if you are of the age when a colonoscopy is recommended.”
“Precaution in this area is very important.”
Most read in the entertainment category
“It’s nothing to be ashamed of, and it’s not as scary as you’d expect.”
“There are ways that it won’t be a traumatic experience.”
She captioned the post: “Colonoscopy update: I survived! Here are some reasons to consider planning a preventative procedure if you’re eligible.”
‘THANKS FOR THAT!’
Fans appreciated Mayim’s advice on less glamorous issues and the fact that she takes responsibility for her health.
“As a gastroenterologist, I appreciate your encouraging people to have colonoscopies. Too many people put it off until they have symptoms or a tumor,” one person commented.
“Thank you for sharing. When I was 45, I had a tumor removed from my colon. 14 colonoscopies and 20 years later I’m still cancer free,” wrote another.
A colonoscopy is a procedure in which a doctor examines the inside of the large intestine with a colonoscope and almost always requires the patient to be sedated under anesthesia.
According to the CDC, it is recommended that adults age 45 or earlier start routine colonoscopy if a person has inflammatory bowel disease or a family history of colon cancer or polyps.
Mayim shared extremely candid photos from her procedure, during which she wore a hospital gown, hair cap and blood pressure cuff on her arm.
In the face of danger! recorded the day of her procedure; accordingly The audience in front of the camerait’s safe to say that Mayim won’t be hosting the start of the new season.
CELEBRITY DANGER! EXIT
Mayim, 47, won’t be starring in the upcoming season of Celebrity Jeopardy either! moderate as reported by deadline Today.
Instead, former champion Ken, 49, will host the ABC special and the evening regular for the foreseeable future.
Accordingly The audience in front of the camerathe celebrity spinoff started recording today.
Celebrity Danger! will premiere its second season on Wednesday, September 27 at 8 p.m
The game show shared one Instagram post with Ken, making it clear that he is the host instead.
“Note: Hollywood’s brightest are back when this show premieres Wednesday, September 27th at 8/7pm on ABC! Answer: What is #CelebrityJeopardy!?” they wrote.
The move marks the first time Ken has handled all programming for Jeopardy! moderated. and signals that Mayim may not remain on the board until the two Hollywood strikes end.
Mayim hosted the entire special event last year, which was held for the first time since 2015 and without Alex Trebek.
Ike Barenholtz won the special, earning his first ticket to the next annual Tournament of Champions.
While it’s no secret that fans and contestants largely favor Ken on the syndicated show, people praised the Big Bang Theory star for finding the right path with his fellow celebs last season.
In July 2022, Mayim and Ken were named co-hosts of the long-running show and it was stated that they would split the duties of hosting the syndicated show, tournaments and specials between themselves.
The co-hosting arrangement changed in light of the WGA strike that began in early May.
Not long after, Mayim refrained from filming regular episodes in solidarity with the writers, and Ken took over as host for the final week of taping of season 39.
Danger! employs WGA writers to write the heavenly, head-scratching clues that challenge contestants night after night.
Deadline reported today that Mayim Celebrity Jeopardy! has left. since she’s a SAG-AFTRA member: “Add flashy actors to this news and now Jennings takes over.”
KEN WILL HOST EVERYTHING BY JEOPARDY! CURRENTLY
Nighttime Danger! is now on summer hiatus and will return for Season 40 on September 11th.
While filming the 40th season of Jeopardy! started last Tuesday, Jeopardy! Writers and former players demonstrated outside the show’s studio, as confirmed by the WGA.
The Writers Guild of America West posted Photos of striking members and tweeted, “Authors and past contestants showed up at 6am this morning to demonstrate @Jeopardy, whose filming started today with recycled questions.”
As reported by The US Sun, Ken apparently entered the studio through an entrance that did not require walking past the protesters.
An anonymous WGA member exclusively shared, “It sounded like most of the writers were there.”
“We didn’t have a chance to turn Ken Jennings away because nobody saw him pull up.
“Either he heard there was a picket line and didn’t leave the house, or he took a different route into production.”
Additionally, The US Sun reported that a Reddit user claimed they were in the studio saw Ken host the recording.
Noting that filming was not canceled, they responded to a fan asking if Ken was there.
“Yes he was,” they wrote. “And at the end of the taping, Ken told everyone that his son, Dylan, was in the audience!”
KEN CLIMBS BACK
The legendary champion recently commented on his statement about hosting during the fall strike.
On August 13, an angry fan called out to Ken on X, formerly known as Twitter.
They wrote, “Ken Jennings you are a disgrace trying to cross pickets.”
“Alex [Trebek] would NEVER do such a thing. He would turn his grave if he behaved like that.
The star responded with a screenshot of Sony’s recent statement on upcoming Season 40: “Jeopardy! has a long history with and respects the WGA and our writers. We have always been careful to honor our WGA agreements and we have never broadcast any game material not created by WGA writers.”
He then highlighted the following passage: “But just as we did under the leadership of Alex Trebek during the 2007-2008 strike, we will be delivering first broadcasts again this fall.”
Aside from Ken being the sole host, some massive changes have been made in the wake of the strike.
Executive Producer Michael Davies explained this on an episode of the official podcast, Inside Jeopardy! why there will be no new contestants on the show during the strike.
“Basically, I don’t think it would be fair for new contestants to appear on the Alex Trebek stage for the first time with non-original material or, as we shall discuss, a combination of non-original material and. “Material written before the strike,” Davies said.
For this reason, Season 40 will open with a “Second Chance” tournament featuring former Season 37 contestants.
Some former candidates have already claimed to have turned down invitations to return in solidarity with the strike.
As Davies mentioned, the other major departure from normal gameplay is that the series will use a combination of clues written before the strike and recycled clues from previous episodes.
The show’s bypassing the strike instead of going on hiatus infuriates viewers and announces they will boycott watching.
Additionally, the decision to reuse questions unsettled fans, as contestants can easily memorize the online archive of previous materials.
That means Season 2 of Celebrity Jeopardy! will consist of new material written before the strike.