JAMES Holzhauer was summoned from Jeopardy! after his controversial comments.
The 32-time champion joked about the upcoming celebrity lineup last week, but Jeopardy! soon struck back.
On Tuesday, Jeopardy! posted on his official Instagram Stories to promote replays of the Masters tournament, which 39-year-old James won.
To promote the final, the account used a photo from May, when James won, of the champion holding up his trophy.
In the PictureThe game show mimicked a newspaper front page announcing the champion, with the headline: “Game Show Villain Triumphs!”
Alongside the photo, they expressed the sentiment with the caption: “SPOILER ALERT: The villain wins.”
Last week, James threw shade at Jeopardy! when he reposted a promo for the celebrity tournament on X, formerly known as Twitter.
Alongside the video, he blurted out: “Cool teaser but where are the celebs?”
In the comments section, one of his social media followers agreed: “I know. That’s it.”
Another fan said: “I recognize five of the names listed, especially Christopher Meloni from.”& Order: Organized .
Most read in the Entertainment category
“And I know Steven Weber primarily from the Wings in the 1990s.”
WHO ‘S THERE?
Season 2 of Celebrity Jeopardy! premieres on September 27th.
The first three participants are said to be Lisa Ann Walter, Christopher Meloni and Sherri Shepherd EW.
Danger! Season 2 also stars Mark Duplass (“The Morning Show”), Dulé Hill (“The Wonder Years”) and Mira Sorvino (“Oscar winner for “Mighty Aphrodite” and the 90s classic “Romy and Michele”) be visible.
Additionally, the line-up includes Timothy Simons (Veep), Utkarsh Ambudkar (Ghosts), Steven Weber (Chicago Med), Emily Hampshire (Schitt’s Creek) and Katie Nolan (Speed Round).
According to Reddit, TV broadcasts show that The Office’s Brian Baumgartner will also be among the first month’s participants.
MAYIM ON STRIKE
Accordingly The audience in front of the cameraThe celebrity spinoff resumed recording on August 21st.
The game show shared an Instagram post with Ken Jennings, 49, who made it clear that he would host alone without Mayim Bialik, 47.
The new series comes amid the ongoing WGA and SAG strikes, which led Mayim to withdraw in solidarity with the strikers.
A source told The messenger that Mayim probably won’t be back until the new year, if not longer.
The insider shared: “She wasn’t fired. She chooses to stand by her union and for this reason she has been told that it is unlikely she will return for the rest of the year even if the strike is resolved before then.”
Meanwhile, Ken faced backlash from some fans and former players over his decision to cross the picket line.
Ken remained relatively quiet on the subject, repeating a statement from the series’ executive producer in which he referenced the late Alex Trebek continuing to serve as host during the 2007–08 writers’ strike.