PORTUGAL coach Fernando Santos has slammed Cristiano Ronaldo for his dour reaction to his substitution against South Korea.
The Portuguese secured their place in the last 16 of the World Cup with one game to go.
However, they lost 2-1 in their last group game when Ronaldo assisted South Korea’s equalizer by turning his back and defending a corner.
Ronaldo didn’t cover himself in glory in his 65-minute cameo and was hooked on Andre Silva.
The 37-year-old reacted angrily to the change and put an index finger to his lips when leaving the field.
And his sulk has left Portugal boss Santos unimpressed.
Ahead of Tuesday’s round of 16 clash between Portugal and Switzerland, Santos said: “Did I see the pictures?
“Yeah, I didn’t like it, not at all. I do not want it. I really didn’t like it.
“But from this moment on this matter is all settled.
“These matters will be resolved behind closed doors. It’s solved.
HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON THE WORLD CUP
“Full stop on this matter and now everyone is concentrating on tomorrow’s game.”
Five-time Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo hasn’t had the best World Cup campaigns.
He has scored just one goal at the tournament, the goal coming from the penalty spot in the 3-2 win over Ghana.
Ronaldo is also yet to score a KO goal and has been surpassed in goals for the World Cup by rivals Lionel Messi and 23-year-old Kylian Mbappe.
And boss Santos has refused to guarantee Ronaldo will play against the Swiss.
He added: “I won’t decide who will be captain until I arrive at the stadium.
“I don’t know what the line-up will look like yet.
“I’ve always done that and I always will do that and tomorrow will be the same.
“The other issue is resolved. We fixed that internally and that was it.”
Ronaldo’s next club has yet to be decided after Manchester United tore up his contract following his bombastic sit-down interview with SunSport columnist and TalkTV captain Piers Morgan.
Word is he will move to the Middle East to play for Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia.
Marca reported last week that Ronaldo had agreed a staggering £173million-a-year deal with Al-Nassr.
Santos says there has been no talk of Ronaldo’s future while he is in the Portuguese camp.
The Euro 2016 winner said: “It’s his decision – he has to deal with it.
“We are concentrating fully on the World Cup. That’s all we talked about.”
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/6844084/cristiano-ronaldo-world-cup-portugal-manager-slammed-strop/ Cristiano Ronaldo has been slammed for a replacement strap by HOME manager as Portugal manager refused to guarantee he would be in the starting XI