A SCARY picture of a possible serial killer has been released after 43 murders were reported in the same area – police have identified a worrying pattern.
A new photo released by the City of Stockton, Calif., shows a person of interest, but residents are still concerned about the high crime rate in the area.
The photo shows a dark figure walking down the street with his back to the camera.
So far this year, 43 murders have been committed in Stockton – a 33 percent increase from the same time last year.
But police are most concerned about a series of unsolved cases from the summer that they say could be the work of a single killer or a group of killers working together.
The five murders occurred on July 8, August 11, August 30, September 21 and September 27, police said on Friday.
All five were shootings and involved male victims ranging in age from 21 to 54.
In a press release posted on Facebook, the Stockton Police Department said its investigators “note that the killings take place at night or in the early hours of the morning and our victims were alone.”
The police assemble a team of investigators, officers, cameramen and crime analysts to solve the crimes.
“At this time, we do not know if there is one suspect or multiple suspects committing these murders,” Stockton Police said.
Police Chief Stanley McFadden said he believes the pattern is significant enough to warn the public at a recent news conference.
According to Newsweek, McFadden elaborated further on the chilling overlap between the cases, saying, “We see some similarity where they’re really areas of darkness.
“It’s really areas where the person is alone, maybe doesn’t even know it’s coming, and that’s kind of the way [we’re] Look at some of the latest.
“People are on their own, they don’t have the situational awareness that we would like.”
None of the victims were robbed, and all of the crimes occurred when the victims were alone in areas where there were no surveillance cameras.
The age range of victims varies, so it’s unclear if it’s a targeted demographic.
“HAVE NOT EXCLUDED ANYTHING”
But he also noted that they “haven’t ruled anything out”.
He also warned the public against traveling alone in the dark and traveling through remote locations.
“I know it makes a lot of people nervous when they hear that out there,” McFadden said.
“And I’m just here to say that we have no evidence of that.
“We’re seeing some patterns and similarities in some of our more recent murders, which we’re looking at more closely.
“We don’t know if it’s one person or if it’s five or six people. We just don’t have that information right now,” McFadden said.
The City of Stockton has announced a $75,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and $10,000 from Stockton Crime Stoppers, totaling $85,000.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/6347289/stockton-california-possible-serial-killer-photo/ Creepy image of possible serial killer released after 43 murders in same area – cops are noticing a worrying pattern