Constance Marten’s mother begs her to come home with her rapist partner and baby in a heartbreaking letter weeks after she disappeared
THE missing woman’s heartbroken mother, Constance Marten, has begged her to come home with her baby.
In a desperate bid to be reunited with her daughter, Virginie de Selliers has told the 35-year-old she will stand by her.
Aristocrat Constance Marten disappeared along with her convicted sex offender partner Mark Gordon, 48, after their car was found burning on January 5.
Her mother has made the first public statement since Constance’s disappearance in a letter to the PA news agency.
She wrote: “Open letter to my beloved daughter Constance.
“I know you well enough; Focused, intelligent, passionate and complex, you have so much to offer the world.
“So many of your friends have come out to say such positive things about you, assuring us of their heartfelt love and support for you and your family.
“You have made decisions in your personal adult life that have proven challenging but I respect them, I know you want to keep your precious newborn child at all costs.
“With all you’ve been through, this baby cannot be taken from you, but needs to be nurtured in a kind and warm environment.
“I want to help you and my grandchild. You deserve the opportunity to start a new life, start a stable family, and enjoy the same freedoms that most of us have.
“Constance, I will do what I can to help you and my grandchild. You are not alone in this situation. We will support you wherever we can.
“I am willing to do anything to help you recover from this horrible experience, so you can thrive and enjoy motherhood.
“I love you and miss you mom xx.”
There is now a £10,000 reward for anyone who can offer information leading to their being found and brought home safely.
The couple were seen leaving the M61 with their newborn baby on January 5 after their vehicle broke down and burst into flames near Bolton.
They were followed on CCTV footage to the Anchor Lane Bridge, where they got into a taxi and took the couple to Liverpool.
From there they took a second cab to Harwich, Essex.
On January 6th and 7th, Constance and Mark were spotted in Colchester, where they were taking a taxi to East Ham train station in East London.
On January 9, the couple were spotted near the ferry terminal in Newhaven, Sussex, and the Metropolitan Police believe the family may be camping in Sussex.
They are believed to have slept poorly after being spotted buying camping gear at an Argos in east London on January 7.
They covered their faces as CCTV caught them, and police say Constance’s multimillion-dollar trust fund is helping them live off-the-grid.
Constance’s father, Napier Marten, who was a page to Queen Elizabeth, previously asked his daughter to come home.
In a heartfelt plea, Napier Marten told The Independent: “Darling Constance, while we remain estranged at the moment, I stand by, as I have always and as the family have always done, to provide whatever is necessary for your safe return do us.
“I implore you to find a way to show yourself and your little one to the police as soon as possible so that you and he or she can be protected. Only then can a healing and recovery process begin, however long it may take, however difficult it may be.
“I want you to understand that the family will do whatever is necessary for your well-being. And I also want you to understand that whatever the circumstances, you are very, very loved.
“We are deeply concerned for your well-being and that of your baby.”
Detective Superintendent Lewis Basford, who is leading the investigation into her disappearance, said: “We remain extremely concerned about the health and well-being of the newborn, who has been without medical attention and has been traveling and possibly exposed to freezing temperatures, for almost a month.
“We are also concerned for the well-being of Constance and Mark because our investigations suggest they were in constant motion and awake for at least a few days – which must be particularly distressing for someone who has recently given birth without medical assistance.
“Finding the baby is our top priority and we are now offering a £10,000 reward to anyone who provides information leading to her being found.”
DS Basford added: “We have no evidence they boarded a ferry in Newhaven and we still strongly believe they remain here in the UK – although they could be anywhere.
“Our inquiries also revealed that the baby was alive and with them when they caught the taxi to Newhaven.
“We know they still had camping gear on January 8th so I would encourage people to stay alert and look for a blue tent.
“Please keep your eyes peeled, especially if you are traveling on wasteland or beautiful places, or if you are walking the dog, and report any information to us.”
https://www.the-sun.com/news/7326620/constance-marten-mark-gordon-missing-update/ Constance Marten’s mother begs her to come home with her rapist partner and baby in a heartbreaking letter weeks after she disappeared