Center Parcs Longleat: Tragedy as 4-year-old boy dies at holiday park after being pulled from water with ‘tears from staff’
A YOUNG boy died at Center Parcs holiday park in Longleat after being pulled from the water, leaving staff ‘in tears’.
Police were rushed to the popular holiday resort in Wiltshire just after 11am this morning.
A witness reported seeing a child being pulled out of the water at the Subtropical Swimming Paradise.
The devastated staff were reportedly left in “flows of tears” at the tragic loss, MailOnline reports.
Did you see what happened? Call The Sun online on 0207 782 4368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wiltshire Police confirmed a four-year-old boy had died but gave no further details.
They said his death was not being treated as suspicious.
The force added: “Unfortunately, a four-year-old boy has been confirmed to have died following an incident at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, near Warminster, just after 11am this morning (24/12).
“This will not be treated as suspicious.
“Our thoughts are with the boy’s family at this difficult time.”
A witness told The Sun Online her family witnessed the horror this morning near the wave pool at the park.
Her husband told her a member of the public helped pull a little boy out of the water.
The mum added: “My daughter and son saw it too – she’s quite upset.”
Images taken today show the empty swimming pool after it was evacuated and closed.
The air ambulance is also believed to have been hurled to the scene.
A mother who was staying with her family at Longleat Center Parcs said the boy’s death had left holidaymakers in “a state of total shock”.
The mother-of-two told the Sun: “It’s just so awful.
“It just doesn’t feel right to be celebrating Christmas here when that’s happened.
“A few of us have been talking and we think maybe we should go home.
“We’ve been saving up for this holiday all year, but it just feels wrong to continue enjoying ourselves like it never happened.
“None of us feel like celebrating Christmas, that’s for sure.
“Everyone here is in total shock. Staff and parents walk around with tears in their eyes.”
The woman, who asked not to be named, said she was at the resort with her husband and two young children.
“We haven’t received much information about the boy’s death other than it happened in the pool area,” said the woman, in her 30s.
“It’s such a terrible waste of a young life. His poor parents. My heart goes out to her.”
Center Parcs said in a statement: “We are deeply saddened by the tragic news of the passing of a young guest at Longleat Forest today (24 December).
“We offer our support to the family and our staff who helped immediately.
“Our thoughts remain with the family at this very difficult time.”
https://www.the-sun.com/news/6985115/center-parcs-child-dies-longleat-water/ Center Parcs Longleat: Tragedy as 4-year-old boy dies at holiday park after being pulled from water with ‘tears from staff’