Sport

Casimero-Butler: Probellum Wins WBO Purse Bid, Eyes December 11 In Dubai Or Liverpool

The game’s latest promotional outfit has claimed the rights to a major title battle.

Hopefully, historical past is not going to repeat itself past the end result of a handbag bid listening to held Thursday, the place upstart outfit Probellum emerged—because the session’s lone bidder—to advertise the ordered battle between WBO bantamweight titlist John Riel Casimero and obligatory challenger Paul Butler.

Probellum received with a submission of $105,000, simply above the minimal $100,000 bid requirement set by the WBO. The brand new firm—represented on the purse bid by native promoter Peter Rivera—goals to current the bout as a part of a December 11 occasion to be held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates or in Liverpool, England. Casimero is entitled to 75% of the profitable bid ($78,750) because the defending champion, whereas Butler is due the remaining 25% ($26,250) because the obligatory challenger.

The session was held after representatives for the 2 sides—TGB Promotions’ Tom Brown for Casimero, and Lee Eaton of MTK International for Butler—have been unable to achieve a deal. The battle was ordered September 22, although with Eaton requesting the matter head straight to purse bid.  

Philippines’ Casimero (31-4, 21KOs) has held the WBO bantamweight title since a third-round knockout of Zolani Tete in November 2019. Two title defenses have adopted his third divisional crown—a third-round knockout of unbeaten Duke Micah final September and a twelve-round determination win over long-reigning lineal junior featherweight titlist and present bantamweight contender Guillermo Rigondeaux this previous August in Carson, California.

The battle with Rigondeaux was scheduled earlier this spring, just for hopes of changing the battle with a unification bout versus countryman Nonito Donaire (41-6, 27KOs) shortly after the Fil-Am famous person captured the WBC title. The 2 initially agreed to phrases for an August 14 conflict, just for Donaire to take away himself from the combination on account of a breakdown in drug testing procedures together with claims of misogynistic feedback directed at spouse/supervisor/coach Rachel Donaire from Casimero’s camp.

Donaire was left with no battle, whereas Casimero proceeded with the initially scheduled conflict with Rigondeaux which he received in a painfully boring affair. The 2 have since settled their variations on a private stage after Casimero supplied an open apology. Sadly, it wasn’t sufficient to work its method into a brand new deal between bantamweight titlists, each of whom are pressed with obligatory title defenses as Donaire is because of subsequent face countryman Reymart Gaballo.

Butler (33-2, 15KOs) briefly held the IBF bantamweight title in 2014 earlier than vacating in pursuit of a shot at a junior bantamweight title. The Cheshire, England native got here up quick in a March 2015 bid versus Tete who held the IBF 115-pound title on the time. 9 wins adopted earlier than dropping a twelve-round determination to then-unbeaten Emmanuel Rodriguez of their Could 2018 vacant IBF bantamweight title battle.

Butler, 32, has since received his final seven begins. In his most up-to-date look, Butler claimed a ten-round determination over Willibaldo Garcia this previous June in Bolton, England. The victory positioned him because the number-one contender to Casimero’s crown.

Thursday’s end result attracts parallel to Triller Struggle Membership rising from nowhere to say the appropriate to the WBA/IBF/WBO light-weight title battle between Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos by way of purse bid win earlier this yr. The battle was rescheduled no fewer than 5 occasions earlier than the IBF decided Triller—who bid $6,018,000—to be in default of the purse bid phrases, with the battle now within the arms of Matchroom Boxing.

Given the profitable quantity for this battle, it’s uncertain that Probellum—headed by longtime boxing promoter Richard Schaefer—will fall down that very same gap. If something, the query is whether or not the precept events will proceed with the battle given the modest payday every stand to make.

Jake Donovan is a senior author for BoxingScene.com. Twitter: @JakeNDaBox

https://www.boxingscene.com/casimero-butler-probellum-wins-wbo-purse-bid-eyes-december-11-dubai-liverpool–161059 | Casimero-Butler: Probellum Wins WBO Purse Bid, Eyes December 11 In Dubai Or Liverpool

Huynh Nguyen

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button