CANELO ALVAREZ and Gennady Golovkin will fight for the THIRD time this weekend.
The pair began their rivalry in 2017 when their first fight ended in a controversial split draw, with most viewers believing Golovkin to be the worthy winner.
And they had a rematch a year later, which Alvarez won by majority decision.
That fight was close too, and since then Alvarez has moved up a weight class and has been the undisputed super middleweight champion ever since.
Golovkin has since reunited the middleweight titles, but he’ll finally get a third crack at Alvarez later this year, albeit at the age of 40.
However, he is buoyed by the fact that his Mexican opponent just lost to Dmitry Bivol at light heavyweight and needs to come back for a big fight with “GGG”.
When is Canelo vs Golovkin 3?
- Alvarez’s big trilogy fight with Golovkin takes place on Saturday September 17, 2022.
- The T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas is hosting, just like the previous two competitions between the two.
- In the UK, the fight begins on September 18th in the early hours of the morning.
- Expect the ring walks to start around 4:30am UK time.
Can it be streamed live?
- Alvarez vs. Golovkin will be shown live on DAZN PPV in the UK.
- The fight costs £9.99 on top of your DAZN subscription.
- You can stream the action live via the DAZN app, which can be downloaded to your phone, tablet and smart TV.
- In the US, the fight will be broadcast on DAZN PPV.
Canelo vs Golovkin 3 FULL MAP
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin III (12 rounds – Super Middleweight, WBA, WBO, IBF, WBC, Ring Magazine titles)
- Jesse Bam Rodriguez vs. Israel Gonzalez (12 rounds – super flyweight, WBC title)
- Ammo Williams vs. Kieron Conway (10 rounds – middleweight)
- Diego Pacheco vs Enrique Collazo (10 rounds – super middleweight)
- Ali Akhmedov vs. Gabriel Rosado (10 rounds – super middleweight)
- Marc Castro vs. Kevin Montiel Mendoza (8 rounds – Lightweight)
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 Bonus and 30 Free Spins when you spend £10 today
what was said
“I’m very happy and proud to be able to put up the best fights and this fight will be no exception,” he said Canelo.
and Golovkin simply said, “I hope to see you on September 17.”
promoter Eddie Horn added: “The Canelo vs. GGG trilogy is the biggest fight in boxing and I am delighted that this is being made for September 17th.
“These are two men who bitterly dislike each other and want to end this incredible series with a brilliant KO.
“I firmly believe this will be the most exciting fight between these two great champions and it will be fireworks from the first bell to the last man.”
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/5413749/canelo-alvarez-vs-gennady-golovkin-date-uk-start-time-live-stream-undercard/ Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin 3: Date, UK Start Time, Live Stream, TV Channel for HUGE Super Middleweight Fight