A British man has been killed after a tourist bus plunged 49 feet into a ravine in Montenegro.
At least two people – the unnamed Briton and an unidentified woman – died after the bus carrying 30 passengers veered onto a steep road.
The bus had been traveling from the city of Budva on the Adriatic coast to Cetinje, a mountainous region inland.
Nine people were seriously injured – one was fighting for his life, medics said.
Images from the scene showed rescue workers holding onto a metal wire to reach the rubble.
Frightened passengers screamed as the bus slid about 15 meters into the gorge around 12 noon local time on Tuesday.
One passenger told state radio station RTCG: “I heard music and everything was normal.”
“Then suddenly there were screams and the sound of breaking glass.”
Prosecutor Andjela Radovanovic confirmed that a British citizen and a woman had died.
The two victims were pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said: “At least two people were killed in the traffic accident, which was caused by the landing of a bus coming off the motorway with around 30 passengers – their deaths were confirmed at the scene.”
“Several passengers sustained minor and serious injuries and are receiving medical attention.”
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
THIS IS AN EVOLVING STORY…
The Sun is your destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, stunning pictures and must-see videos.