A BRIT woman has died after being stung by a wasp in a restaurant.
The 67-year-old woman is believed to have gone into anaphylactic shock when she was stung.
Paramedics performed CPR but she died at the scene in Teulada-Moraira, Costa Blanca, Spain this afternoon.
She is said to have lived in the area and was at the La Sabatera sports bar with family and friends at the time.
A spokeswoman for an emergency coordination center run by the regional government confirmed the woman died after going into anaphylactic shock from a wasp string.
She said: “The alarm went off around 2pm local time. The woman who died had been at the bar restaurant where the tragedy occurred.
“She was stung and suffered a severe reaction to the venom in the sting. She went into anaphylactic shock and died at the scene.”
La Sabatera had recently reopened under new management after a period of closure.
The most severe reactions to wasp stings are called anaphylaxis.
It occurs when your body goes into shock in response to wasp venom.
Symptoms of a severe allergic reaction to a wasp sting include swelling of the face, lips, or throat, itching in non-stinged areas, and difficulty breathing.
Police have been contacted for comment.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/5299704/brit-killed-wasp-sting-restaurant/ British woman, 67, killed after wasp sting in Costa Blanca restaurant