British teenager, 18, dies after sipping pina colada while on holiday with friends on Costa del Sol

A BRIT teenager who was due to study medicine at Cambridge has died on holiday in the Costa Del Sol after taking just a sip of Pina Colada.

Shiv Mistry, 18, suffered a severe allergic reaction to the drink after it was made with cow cream instead of coconut cream.

Shiv Mistry died after suffering a severe allergic reaction to a pina colada sip while on holiday

1

Shiv Mistry died after suffering a severe allergic reaction to a pina colada sip while on holidayPhoto credit: GoFundMe

The high flyer had a fatal milk allergy and went into anaphylactic shock, tragically dying shortly thereafter on July 8th.

In his memory, a GoFundMe page was set up by his uncle to raise money for Anaphylaxis UK.

The page reads: “He was in Spain with his friends to celebrate the completion of his exams and is looking forward to attending Cambridge University’s Claire College later this year to study medicine.

“Shiv had an allergic reaction and went into anaphylactic shock.

“His friends, medics and the police tried to revive him, but it was not possible. Shiv has lived with a milk allergy since childhood.”

The teenager’s uncle also revealed that he had only recently turned 18.

Donations have flooded the site, blowing away the original £1,000 goal.

The total raised is currently £11,139.

Donors also left sympathetic comments, including one of the captions: “A super boy who has just transformed into a wonderful young man – a tragic loss. Best wishes to his friends and family.”

Another said: “Shiv was a rare friend who was always willing to help anyone in any way he could.”

Phillip Wayne, the head of High Wycombe’s Royal Grammar School, where Shiv was a student, paid tribute on Twitter, saying: “Shiv was a wonderful lad, caring, humorous and very capable. He had a place at Cambridge to study medicine. What a good doctor he would have been.”

A memorial service was held for the tragic teenager on August 9.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6174894/brit-teen-dies-sip-pina-colada-costa-del-sol/ British teenager, 18, dies after sipping pina colada while on holiday with friends on Costa del Sol

DevanCole

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button