British couple found dead in Mallorca after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning named after ‘stove and generator’ leak gas

A POST mortem has confirmed that a tragic British couple have died from carbon monoxide poisoning at the Mallorca farmhouse they moved into last year.

Michael Rowan, 62, and his partner Sharon Price, 56, were found dead at the country estate near the picturesque town of Selva.

The British couple were killed by the toxic fumes at their home in Mallorca

3

The British couple were killed by the toxic fumes at their home in MallorcaPhoto credit: Solarpix
They are believed to have been lying around undetected for two days before being found on Monday

3

They are believed to have been lying around undetected for two days before being found on MondayPhoto credit: Solarpix

The grisly discovery was only made on Monday after her concerned son, who lives in the UK, was unable to contact her.

The couple’s bodies are said to have lain undiscovered for two days.

Autopsies have since confirmed investigators’ initial suspicions that they died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Local reports suggested the deadly fumes may have been pumped into the property following a leak inside the home.

A defective stove with loose fitting pipes can be to blame.

However, the motor from a portable generator is also said to have been stored inside the property – and could be a culprit.

The device, which was meant to be kept outside, is also believed to have produced the odorless and colorless gas blamed for the couple’s deaths.

The bodies of Micheal and Sharon were found after a person taking care of their country house searched for them around 4pm Monday.

They are believed to have spotted one in a chair with the other lying in bed before frantically alerting police.

Selva Mayor Joan Rotger visited the home at the foot of the Tramuntana mountains after being informed of the Britons’ deaths.

He told regional TV station IB3 that the expat couple bought the property about a year and a half ago.

Even before the autopsy results were known, the mayor said poisoning related to a gas burn was the most likely cause of death.

The house is located in the municipality of Selva, just off the road that connects Inca to Mancor de la Vall in northern Mallorca.

It is not yet clear if the couple’s family intends to transfer their bodies or if relatives have traveled to the island.

The couple only bought their property a year and a half ago

3

The couple only bought their property a year and a half agoPhoto credit: Solarpix

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6961383/brit-couple-dead-majorca-home-carbon-monoxide-poisoning/ British couple found dead in Mallorca after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning named after ‘stove and generator’ leak gas

DevanCole

Daily Nation Today is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@dailynationtoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button