BOTH men arrested after nine-year-old Olivia Pratt-Korbel was shot dead have been released on bail.
However, a 36-year-old suspect was recalled to prison for violating the terms of his license.
Merseyside Police are still appealing for information as they continue their investigation into the death of the innocent schoolgirl.
They arrested the first suspect, 36, during a dramatic raid Thursday night.
And a second man, 33, was arrested yesterday afternoon in Dovecot, Liverpool, just half a mile from where Olivia was killed.
Both men were arrested on suspicion of murder and two attempted murders.
Officials today warned those with information that “silence is not an option”.
Last night they released aerial footage of the moment the first arrest took place in the Huyton area of Merseyside.
They also released an image of an Audi Q3 believed to have taken the intended target to the hospital.
The vehicle has been impounded and is undergoing a forensic examination. Anyone who saw it is urged to come forward.
Olivia was caught in the crossfire of an alleged “tit-for-tat” gang war in Dovecot on Monday night.
The gunman stormed into the teen’s family’s terraced home and followed another man, who was spraying bullets with “utter disregard.”
Mum Cheryl, 46, appeared to have opened the front door to see what the commotion was when he burst in.
The gunman followed him and began bombarding the house with bullets – first hitting Cheryl, then Olivia, who was standing behind her mother.
Tragically, Olivia was pronounced dead shortly thereafter while her mother was being treated for a gunshot wound to the wrist.
The intended target was later revealed to be Joseph Nee — a career criminal who was reportedly unwilling to speak to detectives.
Nee, who was treated for multiple wounds to his upper body, is being held on suspicion of violating his license.
He was jailed for breaking and entering and stealing a vehicle in 2018 but was released halfway through his sentence last year.
‘DO THE RIGHT THING’
A Merseyside Police spokesman said: “Our investigation into Olivia’s tragic murder is ongoing and we still need people to come forward so we can build a strong body of evidence and bring those responsible to justice.”
Olivia’s family this week begged people to “do the right thing” and help find the killer “who took our baby away from us”.
They said in a statement: “We as a family are heartbroken and have lost a large part of our lives.
“If anyone knows anything, now is the time to speak up.
“It’s not about being a ‘snitch’ or ‘weed,’ it’s about finding out who took our baby away from us.
“Please do the right thing.”
Olivia’s death was the third fatal shooting in Liverpool in less than a week.
Ashley Dale, 28, was shot dead just two miles away in her back garden in Old Swan in a case of mistaken identity.
Police confirmed that a man and a woman were arrested in her death.
In a separate bloodbath, 22-year-old Sam Rimmer was shot dead in Toxteth on Wednesday and three people were arrested.
A woman in her 50s was also stabbed to death outside a pub in Kirkby.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/6092089/men-arrested-olivia-murder-bailed/ Both men, arrested for the “murder” of little Olivia, 9, are being released on bail while police continue to appeal for information