A BIG fire broke out at the Bluenose Inn on Thursday, engulfing the building as flames shot out of the room.
According to eyewitnesses, smoke could be seen for miles.
Multiple departments arrived at the scene of the four-alarm fire, which had swallowed most of the annex building opposite the main building of the inn.
The building collapsed around 4 p.m. after its supporting beams burned down.
Wind gusts pushed large plumes of smoke toward 3rd Street and Atlantic College. Students and staff at the school watched as firefighters battled the blaze.
No one was inside the building when the incident happened. The inn, owned by Hotel Lafayette, is closed for the winter.
Bar Harbor Police Department said Route 3 was closed. A bypass has been established at High Brook Road.
Police are asking people to avoid the area.
Bluenose Inn Was destroyed after an earlier fire in 1994, but it was rebuilt.
More to follow…
For the latest on this story, check back to Sun Online.
The-sun.com is your go-to spot for the best celebrity news, sports news, real-life stories, stunning photos and must-see videos.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the American team The Sun?
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4662238/maine-bar-harbor-bluenose-inn-fire/ Bar Harbor Fire News – Bluenose Inn in Maine engulfed in flames as shocking photos show smoke billowing from the building