Stay safe in rainy April with these tips
Rain can bring a number of risks, but there are a few ways we can protect ourselves.
1. Don’t walk in the rain! Of course, you can walk in the rain, but more precisely, large puddles. This can expose you to a variety of bacteria.
2. Carry an umbrella or a raincoat. Similar to above, if you get very wet and cold you are more likely to get sick.
3. Drive safely and carefully. A wet road increases the risk of skidding and slipping. Be careful when turning and make sure the gap is wide enough to avoid a collision.
4. Keep away from live wires. Live wires and water are a perfect combination for electrocution – be careful.
5. Close window properly. This will prevent water from entering your home and possibly causing moisture.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/5044855/weather-forecast-uk-freezing-temperatures-met-office-latest/ Arctic blast set to bring lows of -5C as Met Office warns 4 inches of snow