A GUARANTEED income program offering “randomly selected” Americans $1,000 a month is accepting applications starting today.
The Breathe program will provide cash to 1,000 Los Angeles County residents for three years with the goal of providing residents with some financial stability.
But there are only two weeks to seize the opportunity.
The program was announced on March 10th and is accepting applications from today until Wednesday April 13th.
The name comes from the idea that it wants to offer its residents financial security so they can “breathe” more easily.
However, people should be made aware of the admission requirements.
Who can apply?
To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- be 18 years or older
- Have a household income that is equal to or less than 100% of the LA County Median Income (AMI) if you are single (120% for households of two or more people)
- have been negatively impacted financially by the Covid-19 pandemic
- You may not currently participate in any other guaranteed income project offered by the county, city, or any other public or private entity
The following amounts constitute income entitlement for your pre-tax or gross income:
- household of one, max AMI: $56,000
- Household of two, max AMI: $76,800
- Household of three, max AMI: $86,400
- Household of four, max AMI: $96,000
- Household of five, max AMI: $103,700
- Household of six, max AMI: $111,350
- household of seven, max AMI: $119,050
- household of eight, max AMI: $126,700
Only one person per household can participate in the program.
How do I apply?
Those who meet the above qualifications should note that all applications are accepted online.
The application will include a survey that researchers will use to obtain data on participants and others who will be selected to be part of a control group.
This information is collected for research purposes only and will remain confidential.
“There is ample evidence from Guaranteed Income projects across the country that financial support, coupled with the freedom to make their own decisions about how best to spend their money, gives families the flexibility they need to create stability and invest in a more prosperous future for yourself,” Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl previously said.
Residents interested in applying can call 213-342-1003 for more information, NBCLA reported.
This follows several other California cities developing universal basic income programs.
And we’ve compiled a list of all the cities and states that offer stimulus checks and UBI programs.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
https://www.the-sun.com/money/5019400/los-angeles-guaranteed-income-breathe-applications-today/ Applications are open TODAY for a program that sends $1,000 a month to “randomly selected” Americans