ANTHONY JOSHUA has announced that he has bid for Wladimir Klitschko’s infamous USB stick.
AJ beat the Ukrainian in one of the biggest fights of his career in 2017 as he came back from a knockdown to earn an eleventh-round win at Wembley Stadium.
Ahead of that fight – which was named ‘Fight of the Year’ by Ring Magazine – Klitschko famously held up the stick at a press conference and said there were details on how he would beat the Watford-born star.
AJ has now revealed he placed a £5,000 bid for the USB stick, which ended up being sold to a mystery buyer for a whopping £160,000, with all proceeds going to projects supported by the Klitschko Foundation.
Joshua, 32, has still not seen the footage of his former opponent withdrawing shortly after the loss.
He said: “He said ‘I put a memory stick in my dress that will break down how I’m going to beat Anthony Joshua’ along with his prediction.
“In 2014 I helped him prepare for a fight and they record the training sessions. In 2017 I fought Wladimir Klitschko.
“After the fight I sent the bill and it was deleted. So I called my guys and said ‘yes I want to bid on this racket I’m willing let’s call it £5,000’.
“That’s a lot of money. But I think it sold for around £200,000 and I was a long way from the mark it took to win the auction.”
Klitschko, 46, appeared at Piers Morgan last week and revealed he was planning a comeback in the ring ahead of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP OFFERS – THE BEST OFFERS FOR NEW CUSTOMERS
In an exclusive interview on TalkTV, Klitschko said: “I thought I should tweet Tyson Fury – ‘Last dance?’
“Because he wants to retire and we should have that rematch. I didn’t do it because I was in a completely different world now.”
AJ, meanwhile, continues training ahead of his world title rematch with Oleksandr Usyk, set to take place on July 23.
However, his promoter Eddie Hearn had doubts about the fight taking place.
Hearn explained, “There’s no issue now, but if it’s not announced next week, it could be pushed back a week or two.
“The fight is definitely happening, the 23rd is the date everyone agreed on and everyone agrees on. If we come to an agreement next week, everything will be fine.
“The date of the fight and the time of training are not the issues, it’s more about the added commitments of television, press conferences and advertising.
“Eight weeks off feels fine, but once you get to seven and six, it’s a problem.
“Both fighters know that if we have to do a media tour, it has to be done in the next 10-14 days. On top of that, we have to push it back a week or two.
“If we go on July 23 we are nine weeks away and have to announce next week it has to be next week.
“They’re going to want us to do a media tour, we’d have to go to the Middle East and London, maybe even New York, so we really need to announce that next week.”
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/5388713/anthony-joshua-bid-klitschko-usb-stick/ Anthony Joshua reveals he bid on Wladimir Klitschko’s infamous USB stick