Anthony Joshua refuses to rule out sensational trilogy against Oleksandr Usyk and admits he ‘let down a lot of people’
ANTHONY JOSHUA hasn’t ruled out a third fight with Oleksandr Usyk as he prepares to return to the ring this weekend.
The 33-year-old Briton suffered back-to-back losses to the Ukrainian between September 2021 and August 2022 when he was overtaken by the former undisputed cruiserweight champion.
On Saturday he will step back into the ring for the first time since the second loss to Usyk in Saudi Arabia when he meets American Jermaine Franklin at the O2 Arena.
Joshua hopes an impressive win can open the door to fights with the likes of Dillian Whyte, Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder.
But he also refuses to rule out a third fight with Usyk as he seeks to avenge those back-to-back losses.
Speaking to Boxing King Media about his recent losses, he said: “Yes I’ve let down a lot of people so I deserve whatever stick I get too.
“I always have high expectations of myself, but against Usyk I was up against a really good operator and I would definitely enjoy the opportunity to fight him again.”
Joshua will look to turn his recent fortunes around in London this weekend after losing three in five fights.
Despite his recent results, he insists a delicious all-British duel with Fury is still on the table.
The Gypsy King’s negotiations over an undisputed clash with Usyk collapsed earlier this month.
BETTING SPECIAL – BEST UK SPORTS BETTING APPS
And AJ claims disappointment at the fight not happening means Fury must deliver an opponent of his calibre.
Joshua said: “There’s no better time to get Fury in the ring than now because he needs me to come out of this circus, this disappointment.
“He needs me so what better time for him than to call my name and I’m someone who will take on any challenge.”
https://www.the-sun.com/sport/7742656/anthony-joshua-trilogy-oleksandr-usyk-fight/ Anthony Joshua refuses to rule out sensational trilogy against Oleksandr Usyk and admits he ‘let down a lot of people’