OVER two dozen children and workers have been hospitalized after a reported carbon monoxide leak at a daycare.
The incident happened Tuesday morning at the Happy Smiles Learning Center in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Allentown Fire Department Captain John Christopher responded to an 911 call to get medical attention for a child who was “unconscious,” he told WFMZ.
When first responders arrived, monitors on their bags warned them of carbon monoxide at the scene.
The alarm prompted a complete evacuation of the daycare center.
According to WFMZ, every ambulance in Allentown raced to the daycare.
First responders said several people were showing symptoms.
At least 26 people, including children, were taken to four nearby hospitals.
Continue…Stay tuned to Sun Online for the latest news on this story.
The-sun.com is your one-stop shop for the best in celebrity news, sports news, real-life stories, stunning images and must-watch videos. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheUSSun.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/6410617/allentown-pa-daycare-carbon-monoxide-leak/ Allentown, PA, Daycare center carbon monoxide leak – 26 children and staff taken to hospital after students fell ill