A toddler dies after severe burns from an electric shock. All parents need to be aware of this hidden risk

As MSN.com reports, the little girl’s mother was sleeping when her daughter started playing with a smartphone charger when the wire of the cable was exposed.

After waking up, she worried that something was wrong when she saw that her little girl wasn’t moving or making any noise.

Only seconds later she turned the little girl over and found that she was neither breathing nor feeling a pulse. She immediately went to the hospital, not before placing her child in a blanket.

Unfortunately, when she arrived at the hospital, it was already too late. Doctors said there was nothing they could do for the little child as she was already dead.

They confirmed the child had died of electrocution, with clearly visible burn marks on his hand and arm.
“The girl started playing with the charging cable,” said an unnamed family friend.

“Apparently she put it in her mouth and started chewing it.”

It is believed that the baby playing with the cord caused it to become worn and exposed, causing the child to be electrocuted.
Her parents want everyone to be aware of this danger so that it does not happen to any other child.

Another child was recently injured by a phone charger, reports The Denver Post. 16-month-old Trinity Anderson was taken to hospital with third-degree burns after putting an iPod charger in her mouth. The charger was connected to her mother’s laptop, which was plugged into the wall outlet.

“There’s burnt flesh off her tongue,” said Jeff Anderson, Trinity’s grandfather.

Rhianna Anderson, Trinity’s mother, took her daughter to Longmont United Hospital, a block from her home, immediately after the shock. Trinity was then flown to Children’s Hospital, where she was in critical condition late Thursday.

Rhianna Anderson said Trinity stopped breathing and had to be shocked to get her heart back to its normal rhythm.

The family hopes to remove the breathing tube from Trinity’s throat so she can reduce the sedative and paralytic medication. At this point, the family say they will know if she has suffered any neurological damage.

While the injury is shocking to many, at least as of this writing, Anderson would like to caution all parents against leaving electronic devices where a child can reach them.

Many of us leave our electronics outside when charging, not believing that children can easily grab the chargers and put them in their mouths. Please share this message so parents are aware of this hidden danger.

https://news.detroitdailynews.com/2023/03/21/after-suffering-severe-burns-from-an-electric-shock-a-toddler-passes-away-all-parents-need-to-be-aware-of-this-hidden-risk/ A toddler dies after severe burns from an electric shock. All parents need to be aware of this hidden risk


PaulLeBlanc is a Dailynationtoday U.S. News Reporter based in London. His focus is on U.S. politics and the environment. He has covered climate change extensively, as well as healthcare and crime. PaulLeBlanc joined Dailynationtoday in 2021 from the Daily Express and previously worked for Chemist and Druggist and the Jewish Chronicle. He is a graduate of Cambridge University. Languages: English. You can get in touch with me by emailing: paulleblanc@dailynationtoday.com.

Related Articles

Back to top button