A 34-year-old store worker was electrocuted after falling asleep next to his cell phone charger
A SHOP employee was electrocuted after falling asleep next to his phone charger.
When Puttawat Kamwan, 34, failed to show up for work for three days in a row, concerned colleagues decided to stop by and pay him a visit.
His colleague Pantatip Kanthong said, “We work in a jewelry store… He was absent for three days and didn’t answer the phone.
“After work we went to his room but we found his door open. We went in with the landlady and found him.”
The man was found dead in his bed in Samut Prakan, Thailand, where he is believed to have been for days.
When Samut went to bed, he pocketed his phone and fell asleep – but he didn’t wake up.
Horrified, his friends and the caretaker discovered his decomposing body holding the phone.
Samut’s facilities manager, Nattanit Hawharn, said she didn’t suspect anything out of the ordinary, as Samut is usually home alone and keeps to himself.
She said: “He was usually quiet, resting in his room or drinking canned beers after work. We saw his door open. We thought he was just sick.”
Police Captain Pongnarin Nontanok, an investigating officer, said there was no evidence of foul play in the tragic death.
He said, “Puttawat Kamwan was still lying on his bed. His right arm also touched the charging phone.
Pongnarin said that due to the phone and charging cable, electrocution was initially suspected as the cause of death.
This was later confirmed by an autopsy at Bangkok’s Ramathibodi Chakri Naruebodindra Hospital.
https://www.the-sun.com/news/7264200/man-killed-electric-shock-sleeping-thailand/ A 34-year-old store worker was electrocuted after falling asleep next to his cell phone charger